05. reaching for adventure

BELLE ÂME

vol.2

05. reaching for adventure

[ Paris, France, December 21st, 1831 ]

__________________________

THE RIDE TO PARIS lasted longer than Annette would have liked to pass time she looked out the window and did what she does best, daydream.During the ride Annette though of what she would do once she got to Paris, the places she would go. She only remembered the Paris from her childhood, but even then those memories had been slightly wiped from her memories as they were too difficult to bear now that her parents were gone.

She still remembers a few things though, like the way that the flowers in the garden of her house would dance with the wind and how the birds would sing in the sun, she also remembers going to a bakery with her father, she made a mental note to ask her brother were that berry was located later on so she could stop by.

As Annette watched the trees out of her window grow more scattered she came to the conclusion that they were almost in Paris by now.

She could not wait to see Celia and Monsieur Hubert, however she was worried that her seeing her house would bring back painful memories, she tried to keep her positive thoughts around her as she made a list of all the good things that would come of this and all the nights that she had spent dreaming of this day.

As she looked out the window a fresh aroma of winter air and tress entered her senses, as it was still winter, the trees were still heavily coated in a large amount of snow which made as a blanket for the nature surrounding her environment.

"When the cold wind is a-calling and the sky is clear and bright" she began whispering softly to herself "Paris romance sings and beckons to lead me out to my new life, I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky"

As the trees started to slowly disappear and the city came into view, Annette pressed her face to the window and was completely mesmerized as she started seeing houses begin to appear "Where adventure awaits and stories are endless and bold, architecture holds stories of times lost long ago, I will hear every story, take hold of my own dream"

" Be as strong as heroes in books and proud as my parents were, I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky"

As her ride came to a stop she quickly jumped out of her seat in sheer excitement and her knees grew weak at the sight of the city that she though she would never again see. She could barely contain her excitement as she took hold of her belongings and followed the direction that her brother had given to her.