56. tea and conversations

BELLE ÂME

vol.5

56. tea and conversations

[ Paris, France, June 28th, 1832 ]

________________________

Annettes family had come and gone, with the house partially empty once more, the girl had more time to her own thoughts.

The days had been mostly spent with her aunt, the both of them just staying together at the house library and talking amongst themselves.

It still felt weird, the fact that Annette was moving on with her life, sometimes she would feel guilty, as if she was forgetting about her fiends and brother. But then she would try to remind herself that they would have wanted her to move on and not spend the rest of her days sulking.

Everyone was healing in there own way, trying to suppress the pain they felt at the memory of those they had lost and get on with the lives they had ahead of them.

The day had started out like any other, with Annette waking up and having a small breakfast with her aunt before getting herself ready for the day.

Outside, the sun was shining brightly and casting warm glows on the streets of Paris and beckoning everyone to step out of their houses.

Annette had been drawing on a piece of parchment that she had found, humming to herself as her mind traveled over to her own little world.

Soon enough, a knock rang out across the house and the brunette could hear someones footsteps as they headed over to open the door.

"Mademoiselle Annette?" she heard someone call her, making her snap her eyes over to the maid that had called her "your friend Nicolette is here, she said that she wanted to speak with you"

Nodding her head, she shoot the woman a kind smile before walking towards the main doors. When she got there, she saw Nicolette standing there and staring at the ground.

"You called for me?" Annette asked with a smile, seeing her friend lift her head and snap out of her daze as she approached her.

"I wanted to talk with you" Nicolette answered, already taking Annettes arm and leading her towards the door and outside "I thought we could go and get some tea"

"Of course, what do you want to talk to me about?" the girl replied as she followed her blond friend through the streets, her brows furrowing as she noticed that Nicolette was blatantly ignoring her.

As they walked around the pavement, Annette looked up at the sky, seeing how the sun blended together with the blue from the sky and white clouds, making the girl smile at the warmth that spread over her face.