42. as long as you're mine

BELLE ÂME

vol.4

42. as long as you're mine

[ Paris, France, June 4th, 1832 ]

________________________

  Annette had soon headed back home, leaving her brother and her friends back at the Musain as they relentlessly and fearlessly readied themselves for what was to come. The girl had arrived back at her house to find that her aunt was already fast asleep, the house being eerily silent in a way that would normally cause the girl distress, but now, as her mind was elsewhere, it actually brought her comfort.

  As she reached the conclusion that there was no possible way to go to sleep with everything that was bound to happen the next day. Instead of heading to her bed, the girls feet leaded her somewhere that she did not expect.

  Before she could process what was happening, Annette found herself standing at the door of her father old office where his piano was, were Celia had woken up to find Annette standing with a pale face. After that, Annette had sworn to herself that she would not return there, and yet, here she was.

  Taking a deep breath, Annette walked in to be faced with the piano, still there and beautifully placed against the wall of the room. She walked towards it and sat herself down on the bench, looking down at the keys before she began playing softly.

  "I'm nothing special, in fact, I'm a bit of a bore" she began singing quietly to the melody "when I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before, but I have a talent, a wonderful thing"

  Her fingers softly ran along the keys as she continued playing, forgetting about all the burdens that she was dealing with and all the bad memories this room carried as she let herself get lost in to music.

  "'Cause everyone listens when I start to sing" the girl grinned "I'm so grateful and proud, all I want is to sing it out loud"

  Her mind traveled away from all the worry and fear as the song melody rang out across the room.

   "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing" thinking back to all the songs that she had sung ever since she came to Paris, her smile install grew "who can live without it, I ask in all honesty, what would life be? Without a song or a dance what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me"

  Thinking back, Annette realized that whenever she was cheerful, upset or feeling any other emotions that overwhelmed her, a song always seemed to cheer her up in a way that nothing else could.

  "Brother says I was a dancer before I could walk" she continued "he says I began to sing long before I could talk, but I often wonder, how did it all start, who found out that nothing could capture a heart, like a melody can. Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan!"