06. the little bread thief

BELLE ÂME

vol.2

06. the little bread thief

[ Paris, France, December 22nd, 1831 ]

________________________

BIRDS WERE SINGING and dancing in the sunlight outside of Annette's bedroom, the trees were gently swaying in the winter's breeze as the brunette awoke with a large grin panting her lips and a feeling of giddiness and excitement washed over her, she slowly got out her bed and walked over to the balcony, pushing the door open and wrapping her robe tighter around her warm body, she walked towards the railing and stood awestruck, looking around at the sunshine and the flowers, still in awe of everything around her, she lifted her hand and slightly pinched her arm, just to make sure that she was really there, before getting herself ready for breakfast and running out of her bedroom.

After a lovely breakfast that included an array of wonderful treats and the pleasant company of her family, Annette bounded back to her room and got ready, excited to start her day.

Celia, Alexandre and Annette then walked to the carriages and as they started moving the three quickly started talking about what they would do in Paris, Alexandre told Annette of a library and bakery while Celia ranted about a dress shop that her and Annette "simply had to go to!"

After a short ride they arrived to the first location that they would be going to, Celia explained that they would walk everywhere else from there, however Annette simply could not understand why they had not walked from the house in the first place, she made a promise to herself that she would not take the carriage any longer, after all, after spending years sitting down at her Aunt Chantal's house with nothing to do, she really did not need to spend more time than necessary wasting her time in a carriage of all places.

"Annette, you simply must go visit father and I back in  Bordeaux once the renovation is complete, I asked father to install these beautiful details on my bedroom walls made out of actual gold, can you believe?" said the red haired girl excitedly as she pulled her cousin along in the direction of the bakery, Annette's brother was walking in front of the girls, as he had grown quite tired of hearing Celia go on and on about whatever topic came to her mind.

Annette's thought started wandering elsewhere as she looked to her left to find a beautiful, however quaint, library, she then recalled that her copy of Romeo and Juliet had been left back at her aunts house, and without thinking, she pulled her arm away from Celia and started walking in the direction of the library, determined to find her favorite book.

She hear her brother and cousin yelling her name and she quickly dismissed them by saying they they should grab a table near the bakery and she would come find them in mere minutes, causing her brother and cousin to groan in frustration as they looked at each other, both of them defeated that Annette simply brushed off their prior plans to apparently go book shopping.