33. letters and training

BELLE ÂME

vol.3

33. letters and training

[ Paris, France, May 12th, 1832 ]

_________________________

As the days passed in Paris, Alexandre had been trying desperately to contact his Aunt Chantal in an attempt to bring his sister back home. He felt immensely guilty that it was taking so long, and he only hoped that his sister was alright.

He had spent nights awake trying to come up with a solution to their predicament, after all, Aunt Moniques only argument was that Annette could not live in a house only accompanied by himself. Therefore the only solution that he could possibly think of was to bring their other aunt into the picture. The last thing left to do now was to convince Aunt Chantal to move to Paris, which sounded like a hard task, nonetheless, he was determined to bring his sister back to Paris, and Alexandre was sure that Aunt Chantal would want to help.

The night after Annette left, Alexandre had stayed awake, his thoughts running through his head, he though of how ironic everything was, how only a few months ago he had to convince Aunt Chantal to let Annette come to Paris with him, and now he had to rescue her from yet another family member, this time, he would need Chantals help. Alexandre had quickly written a letter to the woman explaining everything, although he was sure that she was already up to date on everything.

Dear Aunt Chantal,

As you are most likely aware, Aunt Monique had come to Paris in attempts to take Annette into her care, when she arrived, she explained that she has the power to take Annette into her care if you are not available. Since she was living with me, Monsieur Hubert and Celia, she was not able to do anything as Annette and I had another older family member to care for us.

However, once Monsieur Hubert and Celia returned to Bordeaux, she quickly swooped in and took Annette into her care, because I am out of options and I am sure that you care for Annette just as I do, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, after spending nights awake in an attempt to find any way for Annette to stay here in Paris with me, a way that did not involve marriage to a man that she does not love, I came out with no options, except for one.

I would not be asking were this not incredibly important, but I simply can not stand by and watch as my little sister is taken from everyone that she loves and placed into the care of a woman that we've only seen a handful of times throughout our lives.

Keeping that and the fact that you currently live by yourself in mind, I would like to offer you the chance to live her in Paris with Annette and I, we have greatly missed your company considering you raised us when our parents passed, and it would mean that Annette would be able to come back home. We have more than enough space here at the house and it would help make us closer as a family, especially taking into consideration that you are currently living by yourself and so am I, poor Annette might be in a house full of people but she is most likely feeling as alone as ever.