Part 26: Summer Break

Começar do início

"Fine, but I like your sweaters better. I mean it was either this or, I sneak in there after you go to sleep and steal it," Honey said shrugging it on.

"Okay, is that where all of my jumpers have been going?" Sirius asked as she swaggered away.

"Maybe," Honey said blushingly.

She went into the kitchen and found an apple. She washed it and began to eat. Sirius sat down on a barstool at the counter across from her.

"Where's Jam?" Honey asked.

"Showering, he always takes forever," Sirius said, rolling his eyes.

"So I'm not the only one who noticed!" Honey said, sighing in relief.

"He uses so much water!" Sirius complained. 

"And you don't even have to live with him," Honey said, raising her eyebrows accusatorially. 

"Oof, that's pretty bad," Sirius said.

Honey nodded and threw away her apple core. 

"Would you like some food, dears? There're some leftovers in the fridge," Euphemia offered.

"Oh, thanks," Honey said, opening the fridge door.

She pulled out a container full of chicken pieces and lemon sauce. Honey smiled and took out three forks. She handed one to Sirius and stabbed a chunk of lemon chicken.

"Isn't this your favourite food?" Sirius asked, using his fork to gesture at her.

"One of them," Honey nodded.

"Guys, where are my trousers? All I can find are skirts!" James said, hiding his lower half with a bubblegum pink towel.

"I hid them," Honey smiled.

"Can I have them?" James asked, stabbing a chicken piece.

"Can I have my violin back?" Honey returned.

"If I can have my trousers back?" James said.

"Only if I get my violin back," Honey said sassily.

"Do I get my trousers back?!" James said, just as sassily.

"I know where both are," Sirius offered.

The two turned to him with matching expressions of eagerness and frustration.

"I'll go get them," He sighed.

James and Honey waited impatiently, eating chicken and glaring at each other. When they heard Sirius's footsteps returning they jumped up and met him. Honey hugged her violin as James pulled on a pair of trousers under his towel.

"Thank you," Honey said, running to put her violin back in her room.

"Why'd you take her violin and why'd you take his trousers?" Sirius asked, resuming his seat.

"She was playing at midnight for two days. Well, that and her piano, but it was starting to bother me, so I took it," James said.

"And I took his trousers in retaliation for his insufferable actions," Honey said, picking up her fork.

"You two fit the whole sibling thing well," Sirius said with a smile.

"Yeah, well we practically have been for three or four years now," Honey said, smiling at both boys.

"I'm glad we get along so well," James agreed.

"Me too," Honey said. "I love you, boys."

"We love you too," They replied simultaneously.