Chapter40 Magic Does Happen

Author's pov;

The doctors were surrounding Taehyung whom they had given an injection when suddenly a bright blue light shines from Taehyung's tummy in the middle of their operating.

"What is it?"

_

Jeongguk was sitting on the floor next to ot room's door, knees up to his chest and tucked under his chin. There wasn't any trace of tears in his eyes anymore, numb and red yet plain.

Jun Shi couldn't see her son like this, her son-in-law and grandchildren were inside, fighting against death, and here her son like a lifeless body.

She took a deep breath and walked towards him, crouching down she put her hand on his shoulder.

"Ggukie, please sit there." She pointed at the waiting chair.

Jeongguk just shook his head.

"Baby, please." Jun Shi pleads while her husband watched them with a heavy heart along with the rest.

The true blood looked at her, "if anything happens to my Tae and our pups, I will believe the moon goddess has no heart."

Jun Shi gasped, the family members watched him with eyes at what he had just said.

"Don't say such things, Jeongguk."

"I will." Jeongguk gritted his teeth.

"Jeonggu—"

"No, mom. If she had a heart, this wouldn't have happened to me. What have I done to her, mom? What?" Jeongguk grabbed his mother's hands, asking it. " What did I do that she is doing this to me? If she wants to make me suffer, then it should be me... Wh-why my Taehyung a-and my unborn twins? Why mom? I can't live without them. I need them alive, mom and if I don't, I'll die too."

Jun Shi cupped his face harshly, eyes wide in fear of what her son was babbling.

"Do not say such words, Jeon Jeongguk. They will be fine, they won't leave you or us."

Jeongguk burst into tears, "I can't, I can't." He shook his head, breathing shakily. "Mom, please tell your goddess, please tell her.... to live I need them. She can't take Tae and any of my children. She can't." He begged.

Jeongguk hugged his knees, rocking back and forth he kept muttering 'she can't, she can't.'

Jun Shi helplessly cried and stood up but was instantly pulled into a tight hug by her husband.

"O-our son." She mumbled, looking into his teary eyes as she pointed at the young true blood, "be strong for him." WonWook whispered, rubbing her back, eyes on the crying alpha.

After a few hours the operation room's door open, Jeongguk immediately brought himself on his feet and hopefully watched Mrs. Ahn taking off her mask. Everyone looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"M-My mate and pups?" Jeongguk asked.

Mrs. Ahn looked at him and a big smile appeared on her face, that smile alone washed off the fear from their heart.

"Your mate is out of danger."

Jeongguk smiled, covering his mouth. "T-Thank you." He sobbed and hugged the elder omega who patted his back gently.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Ahn."

"What about the pups?"

Jeongguk pulled away as soon his mother asked that.

Mrs. Ahn just smiled sweetly.

"Bring sweets already, after all, you are now the father of two beautiful girls." Mrs. Ahn said to Jeongguk grinning playfully.