Chapter: 87

Emir was silently sitting on the edge of the bed with Reyhan's picture in his hand. Tears were flowing continuously from his eyes and he didn't even bothered to wipe them off.

He slowly touched the photo, as if stroking Reyhan's cheeks, delicately. The incidents of last week were still fresh in his mind. He tried hard to erase them from his mind but couldn't. He slowly placed Reyhan's photo back to the side table and buried his face in his palms.

Flashback...

Emir was planning to buy some property for their children and about that, he was discussing with Zafer when he heard Melike's heart wrenching sound. Emir and Zafer stared blankly at each other for few seconds before rushing to Melike.

Melike was standing still at her place while the coffee were splashed all over her dress. She didn't move nor made any sound after that. She was staring at something particular in her front. And that's how Emir and Zafer saw her. Emir and Zafer immediately ran to her and Emir asked her "what happened?" while shaking her a little. She couldn't say anything, just mumbled "Reyhan" while pointing her finger in Reyhan's direction.

Reyhan was lying lifelessly in the pool of blood. There were blood everywhere. Her dress, her hair, everything were soaked in her fresh red blood! When Emir saw her like that, he couldn't moved even an inch. He fell on his knees, like a dried leaf, as if somebody sucked the soul out of him. Although Zafer was too shocked but he regained his conscious as soon as he saw Emir falling on his knees. He immediately dialed ambulance number and ran out to call help.

Reyhan was lying on the stretcher in the ambulance with Emir sitting on the floor, next to her, staring at the closed door of ambulance, focusing on nothing particular. His eyeballs were stilled, his eyelids refused to blink. Due to shock, he even forgot to react. Suna and Zafer, who were sitting on either side of them, saw their state and cried silently on their fate.

Suna still couldn't believe that her ever so sweet sister-in-law, who was teasing her a minute ago, was in this state.  Zafer's situation was also not less! Just a few minutes ago, he was happily laughing with his best friend, who was now sitting soulless in front of his eyes.

Ward boys were taking Reyhan to the operation theatre, Nurses were running behind them with essential equipments, Doctors were running while wearing their gowns, Zafer and Sefer were rushing out to fetch medicines, everything was happening in a kaleidoscopy manner in front of Melike's eyes.  And she was standing in the middle of them. For a second, she even believed that she was dreaming a nightmare but the loud noises around her brought her to the reality.

Cavidan was sitting numb on her bed while Cemre was pacing in the room with an evil smirk. She was very happy with her achievement. She was very happy after seeing Reyhan in that state. She was very sure that Reyhan must be dead! She stopped in her path and sat down on the floor, near Cavidan while holding her palms.

Cemre: (Excitedly) See aunty! I have done it! I have removed the biggest thorn of my life. I have killed Reyhan.

She said laughing hysterically.

Cemre: (controlling her laugh a bit) Now when that Reyhan and her baby is gone, Emir is all mine. (Getting up, going to mirror) Now, I will marry Emir and will have our own kid.