Chapter: 41

Emir was working in the office with Reyhan by his side. Selim had sent Reyhan to work with him as Banu took Selim with him for their lunch date.

Banu was not at all in talking terms with Reyhan, she used to reply her monosyllably only if it was necessary, unless she didn't even recognises
hes her presence. Because she was noticing, right from the first day, that Selim was attracted to Reyhan. Though she knew very well that he was a casanova but still she was jealous of Reyhan's beauty and simplicity. That's why she never failed to mention Selim as her boyfriend or fiance in front of her. Even today, she forcibly took Selim with her, in order to keep her love away from Reyhan. Reyhan had sensed her insecurities before hand only, she herself tried to maintain as much distance as she could. But Selim used to roam around her like a bee.

Reyhan's full concentration was on the file and on the points which Emir was mentioning but Emir was angrily staring at her. He was surprised to see her changed behaviour. Forget about talking anything informally, she was behaving like as if they never met before. When she was busy in making notes Emir keenly stared at her.

"Is she the same Reyhan who used to fight with me, during our initial days of marriage?"

"Is she the same Reyhan who used to smile, even to her enemies?"

"No, I don't think so!"

"She is not that Reyhan whom I met earlier!"

"She is not that Erzurum's girl."

"The girl, who is sitting in front of me is different."

"Utterly different from the one I knew."

"She seems someone professional, very peculiar about her task, a money minded person!"

Averting his gaze from her and seeing outside the window.

"Oh yeah! How can I forget that she is a money minded woman."

"She married to me for money! She is here, working with the one she cheated on, that too for money!"

"I couldn't believe that I failed to recognise her in Erzurum."

"I couldn't believe that I fell in, head over heels, love with her."

"Even after knowing about her motto of marriage, I loved her."

"I thought, my love would be enough for us!"

"I thought someday or the other, she will reciprocate my love too."

"But what did she did? She crushed my love, my trust, right under her feet and eloped!"

"She eloped with her filthy lover, without even caring for me."

"She betrayed me, she betrayed my love!"

Again turning his eyes to her, angrily.

"I can't believe how can she act like normal even after all that?"

"I must appreciate her acting skills!"

"But I feel sorry for her too. As that Mehmet is making her work, in other city, just for money. Even after extorting a plenty of money from me through her."

"I wish I can tell her that her lover Mehmet doest not love her but is actually using her."

Tears gathered in his eyes when he thought suddenly how difficult for her to sustain his demands. He immediately rolled his eyes and prevented them from falling.