Chapter: 1

Emir was spending a restless night. This was the first time, other than late night parties which he used to do before his forced marriage, he couldn't sleep! He kept on peeking inside the sleeping area of his room, in the hope that he could see Reyhan there but alas! he got nothing but disappointed.

"Where is she?"

"How long will she take to return to the room?"

"Isn't she sleepy today?"

"Isn't its time for her to sleep?"

"She usually sleeps by 10.30 but today it's already 11.00 pm and she is nowhere to be seen."

"May be she is busy in the kitchen."

"Or she must be busy in talking to Melike."

"God! What all she still left to talk with Melike?"

"Wasn't the whole day enough for her to talk?"

"Shall I go and ask her to sleep?"

"No, that will be too much."

He inhaled deeply while pacing to and fro in the room. All of a sudden he stopped in his tracks.

"Is she going to spend her night with Melike?"

He remembered her conversation with Melike, some days before, when she told her that she is like her mother. And she would like sleep in her lap someday.

"No, if this was the reason the she would have told me."

"But where is she?"

Again he paced restlessly only to stop abruptly.

"Wait a minute! Why am I waiting for her?"

"She is just my wife, an unwanted one!"

"Why would I care where she sleeps!"

"Why would I care if she sleeps or not!"

"No, absolutely not, I am not going to wait for her."

"Let her do whatever she wants to do. I don't care!"

Thinking so he sat down on the sofa and prepared to sleep. When he settled himself in the narrow sofa to sleep, his head unconsciously turned towards the sleeping area. His eyes again searched for her traces. He again sighed and closed his eyes. But sleep was not in his destiny today.

He kept on turning and tossing on the little sofa, but he didn't get even an ounce of sleep. Whole night he waited for her, whole night he waited to see her.

His father forced him to marry Reyhan, his father's niece. An old school type traditional girl. She was nowhere near to his modern life style. He never thought to marry anyone, at the first place, and if he ever had to then he would have married a modern and fashionable girl who could accompany him to his high profile parties. But Reyhan, she was unware of even the F of the fashion.

He didn't wanted to see her at first, leave alone living with her under the same roof. But with time, even he don't know how, but he got addicted to her. He started to come early from office. He started to avoid his friend's parties, clubbing. Now a days, one of his addiction was to see her daily before sleeping which remained unfulfilled today.

On the other side of the city, Reyhan was too restlessly pacing in the corridor of the hospital. Her uncle, correction, her father in law was admitted here. He was suffering from terminal illness where doctors clearly told him that he is left with less time. So he got his spoiled brat married to his simple and shy niece. Keeping his promise which he gave her mother on her death bed. He told her everything about his illness and literally begged her to marry his son. She couldn't deny his uncle who was more like her father and agreed to marry him.

When she first saw him, she instantly fell in love with him. His looks, his charm, his deep voice, everything made her fall for him. She was very happy to marry him. But ever since she spent her wedding night with him, she was afraid of him. She was afraid of standing in front of him. She was afraid of going near to him.

"Oh God! It's already late, what shall I answer him when he will ask me about my whereabouts?"

"I can't tell him that I was in the hospital with Dad."

"Dad clearly told me not to mention anything about his illness infront of family."

"But I will have to answer him."

"He gets angry even on small matters and this will be the big issue for him!"

"I will have to answer him, where I spent my whole night."

She thought and paced around the balcony while biting her nails only to slow down and thought again.

"But does it even matter to him?"

"Does I even matter to him?"

She sat sadly on the nearby bench.

"He clearly told me that I am no one to him, I does not even exist for him."

"He never cared for me."

"He never spared even a single glance on me."

"After our wedding night, we hardly saw eachother more than a minute."

"We never had any conversation after that night."

"Even If I tried, he always scolded me, shouted on me."

"I am no one to him, why would he care for me!"

She thought and looked here and there to avoid her tears from falling down but they still escaped her eyes. She immediately wiped them out and started to move towards her Dad's room. Though she was tied in the forced marriage where her husband never acknowledged her but still she will remain in this relation to fulfill her Dad's last wish.

She sat beside Hikmet and held his hand firmly, promising him silently that she will always be with him. She kept her head on his hand and slept, unaware of the fact that the coming morning will be harsh on her.

Loads of love!

Thank you♡