Chapter: 37

Emir was in the car, going to office. He didn't went with Cemre to the lakeside, instead he asked Yasin to drop her there and send his mother with her to accompany her. Though Cavidan and Cemre, both protested against his decision but he shut them off by making an excuse of an early important meeting.

He went inside his cabin and met his extra enthusiastic friend, Zafer. Zafer hugged him tight as soon as he saw Emir coming. Zafer came here, early to meet Emir as he wanted to share the best news of his life with him. Emir smiled a little after so long on seeing his friend. Zafer had went to his grandparents and he has returned today only, after around one and a half months.

Emir and Zafer broke their hug and Zafer asked.

Zafer: (lovingly) How are you pal? And how is your Reyhan? Any progress in your relationship?

He asked and winked at him jokingly. While Emir smiled sadly. Zafer didn't knew about their separation as he didn't wanted to upset him when he was happy with his grandparents.

Emir: (coping up with his sadness) I am fine! She is fine too. And yeah, there is a  little bit progress occurred in our relationship. (Remembering their togetherness, after a pause, trying to change the topic) Every thing is ok here. You tell me, did you find anyone there?

He asked back by putting his hand on his shoulder, to which Zafer blushed instantly.

Emir: (recognizing his facial expression) Man! Don't tell me you found someone there! Oh god!!!! I am so happy for you.

Saying so he again hugged him tight.

Zafer: So, Mr. Best friend! According to our deal, you are going to organize my wedding.

Zafer said and crossed his hand on his chest while raising his one eyebrow. Making Emir's eyes popped out of the socket.

Emir was now surfing different sites on internet to find best wedding planner for his best friend's especial day. After surfing for an hour, he came across a wedding planner company which were matching his tastes and demands. Without wasting even a second he immediately booked a appointment with their heads.

Reyhan was typing something on the laptop, sitting beside the window. She was not feeling well today. Again and again Emir's memories were kept on coming in front of her eyes. She tried to avoid them by busying herself in multiple errands, but nothing was helping her today. She was really feeling low today. Unable to distract her mind anymore, she called her aunt Mukadar at Erzurum. She picked the call on single ring only and chirped happily as soon as she heard Reyhan's voice after full one month.

Reyhan: Hello aunty, how are you?

Mukadar: (excitedly) I am fine. And how are you? And Emir? How is he? You guys literally forget me since you left Erzurum.

Reyhan: (apologetically) No, no, aunty. It's not like that. I am sorry if I hurt you. You see, we really got busy in our lives here. But I do remember you everyday, even Emir too often talks about you!

She lied while crossing her fingers. She didn't told about her and Emir's seperation to anyone. Not even to her best friend Feride as she didn't wanted to upset them. That's why she left Erzurum and came to Ankara. Away from her home, away from him!

They talked about their life for a little while, mostly Mukadar was telling about her daily life in Erzurum while she was just listening to her sweet voice. She was alone in her 1 BHK apartment. She had no friends here to communicate with, because she didn't wanted to make friends now. She wanted to be alone, she kinda became silent now.

Next day, Emir was sitting in the lobby of a huge building with multiple companies. He was waiting patiently for the company head to arrive as he directly appointed his meeting with the Wedding planners CEO. He heard someone's footsteps sound and turned his head only to find his college friends there.

Banu: (surprisingly) Emir...? What a pleasant surprise! When did you came to Ankara? Are you here for some business trip?

Selim: Ofcourse not! He must be here to open his company's new branch here, isn't it?

Selim said smilingly while hugging Emir sideways.

Emir: Hello guys! It's not like that. I am here to meet some wedding planners.

Banu: (in shock) So you are here to meet us? We are the wedding planners! (She said excitedly) Wait a minute, the handsome hunk of our college is all set to tie his knots! Who is the lucky girl, Emir?

Emir: (correcting her) No, no, it's not my wedding but Zafer's. You remember Zafer, my bestfriend since childhood?

Selim: (nodding his head in Yes) Yeah... we do remember him. Literally, no one can understand eachother like you guys does.

He said appreciating.

Selim: (showing way to Emir) Anyways, come on, let's talk with a cup of coffee.

He said and escorted Emir to their office. They discussed a lot about their lives and upcoming wedding. Emir didn't find it appropriate to share his personal problems with them so he hid about him and Reyhan's marriage and divorce. After finalizing their deal, Emir left Ankara in the evening.

Reyhan was sipping her coffee in the late evening when she received a mail. Her heartbeat increased as she saw the mail, it was from one of the company in which she had applied for the job. Crossing her finger in anticipation she opened the mail and squealed in happiness as soon as she read the subject, "Joining letter". She thanked God and immediately grabbed her phone to call aunt Mukadar only to realise that she didn't know about her life at all. With heavy heart she placed the phone back to its place. She was all alone now, with none to even share her happiness with. Closing her eyes she cried on her faith and slept.

Next morning, Reyhan got ready for the first day of office and left early as she didn't wanted to be late. At office, she knocked gently on the door of the cabin where she was asked to go.

"Come in"

She heard a male voice and opened the door.

Selim was going through a file when he heard a faint knock on his cabin door. He was expecting his new PA, a male, to come. When Reyhan opened the door and greeted him, he raised his eyes from the file and got clean bowled on seeing Reyhan. Reyhan could feel his continuous gaze on her and felt little uncomfortable, so she cleared her throat to divert his attention.

Selim instantly liked her and literally took her to the lunch on the very first day of her joining. Though Reyhan tried to refuse at first but he made an excuse of a meeting on lunch and took her with him. Serra too noticed him behaving over sweetly with Reyhan and smirked,

"Number 48!"

She murmured.

Loads of love!

Thank you🥰