Chapter: 72

Suhleya was sitting and chatting happily with a lady in her living room when a furious Cemre came there. She didn't even bothered to greet them and went straight to her room. Suhleya called her from behind but she ignored her mother completely.

The lady, sitting next to the Suhleya, too find it unusual. Suhleya turned towards her and gave her a weak smile. The lady understood her and reciprocated her gesture! They had some random conversation, mostly related to their charitable trust.

When the lady was about to leave, she turned again towards Suhleya and said.

Lady: (Slowly) Please don't take me wrong but I guess your daughter is not well. She seemed to be going through hard times.

Suhleya stared at her in confusion. The lady continued,

Lady: I am a psychiatrist and I can sense it! (Inhaling deep) Actually I went to a gynaecologist with my daughter in law today, in the morning. There I saw Cemre. She was behaving strange. I mean, she seemed to be little disturbed. She had a little fight there too. (Holding Suhleya hands) I think you should talk to your daughter. She must be in need of someone who will understand her without judging her. And there is no one better than a mother for this. (After a little pause) As a psychologist, I will suggest you to talk to her about her plight, spend more and more time with her! This will help in reduce her stress.

Saying so, she hugged Suhleya and left from there leaving behind a hurt, tensed and a thoughtful Suhleya.

Suhleya slowly, went to Cemre's room, lost in her thoughts. As the door already opened, she entered without knocking. Cemre was busy in barking orders over phone, so she didn't noticed her coming inside.

Cemre: (Shouting over phone) I don't know anything, I want those abortion pills by tomorrow that's it!
(Pause)
I don't care if that pill makes people sterile or kill them!
(After a pause, laughingly)
No, no! That's not for me, I not pregnant. It's Emir's wife Reyhan, who is pregnant!

"WHAT??"

Phone fell from Cemre's hand and she turned around in horror. A shocked Suhleya was standing infront of her. Cemre somehow composed herself and smiled weakly.

Cemre: (trying to be normal) Mom? You are here...? Do you want something?

Suhleya marched to her and gave her a tight slap, shocking Cemre to the core! She slapped her again and again until Cemre fell on the floor.

Suhleya: (shaking Cemre by holding her shoulder, angrily) What are you doing, Cemre? And who was on the call? Why are you trying to kill Emir and Reyhan's child? What have they done to you that you are punishing them in this way?

Cemre: (Cryingly) I am not killing anyone, mom! It was one of my college friend on the line. I am not punishing anyone! And my friend is a researcher and it was just a joke! We were joking around.

Suhleya: (angrily) I don't believe you. That lady, who just visited us, told me that you went to meet a gynecologist in morning and your behaviour was not good there. (Crossing her arms in front of her chest) First of all, tell me, why did you went there? why didn't you informed me about your illness or your visit to a doctor? (Narrowing her eyes) Did you went there to get abortion pills?