Chapter: 36

Emir was sleeping peacefully, hugging Reyhan from behind. He smiled remembering their night of togetherness and kissed the side of her neck from behind, by tilting his head a little, with his eyes still closed. Reyhan smiled in her sleep and snuggled more into him.

All of a sudden, they felt their bed shaking. It seemed like the area was hit by an earthquake. Emir immediately tried to wake up Reyhan and opened his eyes in shock.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he groaned seeing a smiling Cemre there.

"Not again!"

He said under his breath, inaudible to Cemre. He saw here and there, there was no earthquake. Everything was fine, everything were on their respective place. He immediately turned his gaze towards Reyhan to check if he disturbed her sleep, only to realize she was not present there.

She was never present there! She was never present there on his bed. They never slept together on his bed, ever. Realization hit him hard, yet again. It's been approximately a month now since she left, correction, she threw him out of her life like a thrash. By making fun of his love, his feelings.

But her memories still haunts him. The memories of their one and only beautiful night together, still haunts him. She was still there with him, residing near him, not in physical world but in his dreams.

Emir looked away from Cemre and asked.

Emir: (in sleeping tone) What happened Cemre? What brought you here again in early morning?

He asked, feeling almost frustrated now as ever since he came back from Erzurum, she always wakes him up early in the morning by breaking his dreams of Reyhan.

Cemre: (shyly) You told me to take me to the lake side, remember?

Emir: (annoyingly) Yeah! I do remember that. But I never told you to take you there in morning itself!

He replied frustatingly, while closing his eyes again and again to get some morning sleep.

Cemre: Yes, you never said that. (Looking out of the window, kneeling down on the floor near him) But see, weather is too pleasant today. Yesterday only I checked the weather forecast, it said that spring is arriving! Very soon! That's why I woke up so early to go at the lakeside with you.

She said with enthusiasm. Emir rolled his eyes, muttering curses underneath his breath and went to washroom to get fresh, inorder to take her to the lakeside.

Emir was trimming his beard when he noticed a bruise on the right side of his neck, near shoulder. He took a closer look of it and it didn't took him long to recognize that how he got that bruise there. He raised his hand to touch it. And caressed that mark with his closed eyes.

Reyhan opened her eyes, infront of mirror of the washroom and a tear escaped from the corner of her eyes when she remembered their night of togetherness. Where they became one, in every sense. Where he finally gave her all the rights of being his wife, only to take it back on the very next day. She traced the margin of the hickey which was present there, at the corner of her neck, just like Emir.

They both closed their eyes again, together, but at different places.

Flashback...

Reyhan lazily opened her eyes and noticed some weight on her body. She frowned and turned her face a little and was shocked and surprised to see Emir there. His chin was resting on her shoulder while his lips were almost touching the side of her neck. She breathed hard on seeing him this close. Due to her heavy breathes, Emir stirred in his sleep and unknowingly kissed the side of her neck. A moan escaped from her mouth and she shivered. Emir too moaned with her and again placed his lips on the side of her neck, where he kissed her previously, and sucked hard. Reyhan squeezed her eyes tight, feeling the immense pleasure and couldn't help but moan while melting in his arms.

Emir slowly opened his eyes and smirked seeing his art on her. He started to place peppered kisses on her neck, making it difficult for Reyhan to bear his sweet torture. Reyhan immediately freed herself, turned around towards him and climbed on top of him, attacking his neck. Placing a hickey there, just like Emir did to her a while ago. Their heated encounter lead them to have yet another session of passion.

Flashback ends.

Reyhan closed her eyes, bowed down her head and fell on the floor like a crumbled paper. She then dragged her keens towards her face, as if hiding herself from someone and cried hard.

"Why Emir? Why?"

"Why you ruined me?"

"What had I done to you that you punished me in this way?"

"If I was at any fault, you could have killed me instead!"

"But you chooses the hardest punishment possible!"

"You chooses to kill me day by day. A little everyday."

"Why Emir why?"

"That night was the best night for me."

"But the morning of that night became a nightmare for me."

"That day, you not only broke my heart, but you broke me too!"

"You broke my dream, your broke my soul, you broke my everything."

"Why Emir why?"

"I will never forgive for this Emir, never!"

"You have destroyed me, you have ruined me, you have killed my soul, Emir!"

"And I will never forgive you for that, never!"

"I curse you that you too won't be happy, again!"

"You too have to burn in this fire like me!"

On the other side...

"Why Reyhan, Why?"

"Why did you cheated on me?"

"If you didn't loved me, then why did you allowed me to come closer to you?"

"Why did you let us becoming one?"

"And why your love for me ended with time?"

"Why you couldn't live with me?"

"Why have you chosen him over me?"

"Why? Why? Why? Just why?"

"That day, you not only took away my rights on you, but also my soul."

"You took away my soul too!"

"Why you did that to me, Reyhan? Why?"

"After spending the most precious moments of life, why did you left me for him, why?"

"I will never forgive you Reyhan, for playing with my emotions, for playing with my life, never!"

"I curse you that you too will never find solace in his arms, never!"

"I curse you, like me, you will be lonely too!"

Thinking so, they both got up and stared at their reflection in the mirror with determination for sometimes before resuming their routine.

Loads of Love!

Thank you🥰