Chapter: 17

A gust of wind welcomed Reyhan to her home town. The place where she was brought up. The place where she laughed and lived her life to the fullest. She closed her eyes and smiled. The freshness of Erzurum was different, more natural, more carefree than that of Istanbul's.

She walked to her home with a smiling face and was on cloud nine after seeing her aunt Mukadar there after 1 month.

After her mother's demise, she was the only one, who loved her like a mother and supported her in her most vulnerable phase.

She hugged her tight and her heart found solace in her arms.

Mukadar: How are you my child?  Its been long since I saw you. How was your days in Istanbul?

She asked enthusiastically. Reyhan widely smiled and answered.

Reyhan: I am fine aunty. And Istanbul was great but I really missed my Erzurum there.

She said the last line with pain. While Mukadar smiled and took her inside the house.

The house was not that big, like the mansion but it was cozy enough to soothe her. She took the tour of her house and was surprised to see that her aunt has really took care of the house very well. Everything inside the house was same as she left one month ago. Nothing was changed.

Mukadar asked many things about Istanbul but Reyhan answered in only limited words. Mukadar did not know about their wedding as they tied their knot in a very hush hush occasion.

Mukadar then informed her that her best friend Feride's wedding was going to take place within a week and they were cordially invited for the ceremony.

Emir was pacing to and fro in anger inside his room. It's been only 10 hours now, since she left and he was already feeling empty.

"Why I am feeling so low?"

"Why I am feeling that something is missing?"

"Why I am feeling so low?"

"It's good that she left."

"It's good that she finally made an exit from my life."

"It's good that she is not here anymore."

"It's good that I will not have to see her again."

"But !"

"She must have went to her lover."

"She must have withdrawn to live her life with him comfortably."

"If she wanted money then she should have asked me."

"Why did she took it without informing anyone?"

"And why didn't she divorced me yet?"

Cemre: So, that she can extort more money!

Emir was taken aback by this answer. He didn't even know when Cemre entered in his room and when he said those lines loud. Loud enough to be heard by Cemre who was at the door.

Emir: (Confusingly) What?

Cemre: I said to extort more money. Don't you know, recently her boyfriend met with an accident and she made the payment there from her card. And now when her boyfriend is well, she must have withdrawn them to flew away with him. And about divorce, if she will divorce you then she won't be able to get the perks of being Tarhun's bride. That's why she went without divorcing you.

Emir: (staring at her unbelievably) How can you be so sure about that? And how do you know that her boyfriend is well now?

Emir asked. But his heart clenched on pronouncing the word "her boyfriend" because last thing he want to imagine was to see Reyhan in someone else's arms. He fingers get curled in tight fist to sooth his aching heart.

Cemre: I told you na, one of my friend's dad own that hospital...

Emir: (cutting her sentence in between, furiously) And she have no other work than spying on patients?

Emir asked with mixed expressions. Cemre was tongue tied now.

Cemre: Vo actually it was about you, that's why she kept an eye on Reyhan there.

She tried to sound convincing.

Emir: But not everyone know that she is married to me. Actually, none of our friends know this apart from Zafer.

Emir fired back. Now, Cemre's face went pale. She didn't know what she was going to answer him now.

Cemre: (fumbling with words.)  Er...Actually she saw your wedding pictures in my phone that's why.

Emir nodded thinking for a while. While Cemre made an excuse and left from there.

Loads of love!

Thank you♡