Chapter: 10

As soon as Emir's palm made a contact with Reyhan's delicate cheek, she collapsed on the floor, unconciously.

Emir didn't wanted to raise his hand on her but she just uttered about his father. And before he could register her statement, his hand made it's way to her cheek. Cavidan, who was sitting on the poolside, came to their room after hearing their heated argument. But as soon as she saw him slapping her, she pulled him from behind and next thing he felt was his stinking cheek.

He moved his hand to his cheek to ease the burning sensation and saw his mother in utter confusion. As if asking her, "Why did you hit me?"

Cavidan: (angrily) How dare you to raise your hand against a woman? Is this what I taught you? Is this the way to treat a woman?

Emir: (Furiously) No, but this woman was talking rubish about my dad. She tried to use him as a pawn to save herself. She just not used his name but also played the victim card by saying that my father forced her to marry me because he is.. (he couldn't inhale, trying hard to fill his lungs.) he is dyin..

Word died in his mouth as he too collapsed on the floor, dejectedly. He couldn't believe that the girl in whom he tried to find his lost love, can stoop so low. She not just used his father but also used his health as a bait to get out of the situation. 

Cavidan hugged him to her stomach and cried alongwith him, on seeing his son in that state.

Cavidan: I know son, You love your father so much but even in your unconscious state, you can't just hit a woman. That's not what an ideal man should do. ( after a pause) I am not taking her side, but that was not good.

Emir buried his head in his mother's stomach and cried like a child.

After sometimes, when Emir's cries subsided she left the left the room. Not before glancing over Reyhan and smirking.

"I told you before hand, that my son will never accept you."

"A girl like you, can never be his wife."

"Forget about being his wife, he dont even respect you."

"I know that his way of implementing things was not correct."

"And I even punished him for that by slapping my son for the first time."

"But I am happy that now you will realize your mistake and leave this mansion for good."

Emir and Reyhan were left alone in their room. The room was cold, just like their relationship. Apart from his deep breathing, nothing was making sound there. Reyhan was lying lifelessly while Emir was sitting on the floor by holding his head in his hand.

He slowly removed his palms from his eyes and saw Reyhan. Reyhan was lying there as if no life was left in her. He crawled to her, like a baby and sat beside her and looked her face closely for the first time, since he met her.

Her upper eye lids were swollen now, her both the cheeks looked like as if they belonged to two different individuals. As her right cheek was shrunken while left cheek was swollen like a bun. His eyes travelled down and he saw a drop of blood was oozing out of her nose while her right corner of the lip was torn. 

He immediately put her in his lap and cocooned her, like a baby. He rubbed his fingers and palms on his jacket before touching her, the way a father does before touching his new born baby so that he can prevent his baby from the possible infection.

He touched her face, trying to be careful, as much as he can, so that he wont hurt her anymore. He put his thumb on the corner of her lips to wipe the blood and slowly rubbed it, inorder to ease the pain. He was very careful, he was blowing on her wounds from time to time and hiccuped in between his sobs.

"Why did you said all that, Reyhan?"

"Why??"

"You could have simply told me that you loved that guy."

"I would have divorced you and helped you in marrying him."

"I would have even helped you guys financially. "

"Why Reyhan? Why?"

"Why didn't you come to me earlier?"

"Though, I wanted to like you."

"Though, I wanted you to like me."

"Though, I wanted to start a life with you."

"To feel my Reyhan in you."

"To feel her presence in you."

"But it's ok, I didn't started to live with you!"

"I would have let you go to your lover."

"I would have never objected your decision."

"All I wanted from you was to be truthful in this relation."

"I wanted you to share all your problems with me."

"But you always lied to me."

"Not once or twice but every time."

Inhaling deep.

"You will never know, how I felt when I saw you in his arms."

"How my heart felt, when I saw you smiling in his arms."

"No, I am not complaining, I am not saying that you should not go to your love."

"But I couldn't make my heart understand that."

"It wanted to see me in the place of your lover."

"You know why?"

"Because somewhere it believes that his Reyhan is alive."

"Somewhere it believes that, you are his Reyhan."

"And it constantly tries to remind me to accept you as my Reyhan."

Chuckled a little.

"My Reyhan....!"

"She was an angel."

"I didn't met her more that thrice in my life, that too only in childhood days."

"But those meeting were enough to ignite love in my heart, even in my tender age."

"She was probably 8 years old, when I first saw her."

"Her eyes, her smile, her voice, her everything made me love her."

"I waited for my next summer, eagerly, to see her again."

"And then she was 11 years old when I last saw her."

"That was the time when at the age of 16, I realized that I was so much in love with this angel."

"But everything fell apart when I heard about her departure."

"My mind accepted the fact but my little heart refused to believe that."

"It waited for her."

" Then you came, and I felt my heart beating fast."

"Just the way it used to beat for her."

Loads of love!

Thank you