18. bonds of friendship

Start from the beginning

"The Musain" spokes Alexandre as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet.

"What?" Inquired Annette, confused as to why her brother was suddenly letting her join a meeting.

"Well, you haven't been doing much the past few days, and all the guys like you, so I figured" shrugged Alexandre "this does not mean that you are joining though, but we figured there was no harm in you just going to one meeting, after all, it's not like you've never been there before"

"Who do you mean by "we" Alexandre," asked Annette, curious yet afraid of the answer at the same time.

"Well every one"

"Even Enjolras?" asked the girl

"Well he didn't say anything against it, and when he doesn't like something, he says it" responded Alexandre "why do you ask?"

"Nothing" lied Annette.

Alexandre looked at her suspiciously, his eyebrows furrowing together for a slight moment before he quickly let it go.

"Well, let's go then"

And with that, they both walked towards the doors of the house and into the city of Paris, conversing between themselves about different topics, Annette's book of Shakespeare still clutched in her hands, she figured that if things got too awkward, she would just sit herself down in the corner and simply open her book.

Walking along the now-familiar streets to the Musain, although if you asked her to walk there herself the girl would still be afraid of getting lost, they came across many different people, some of which, Alexandre pointed to discreetly and told Annette about. She was absolutely fascinated with the stories that she was hearing about all these different people, with different backgrounds and stories.

When they finally got to the Musain, Annette took a deep breath, scared to face the man that she had spent the turning of the new year with, the man that had already told her that love was not important to him, not that she was in love with him of course, she just, found him handsome, but then again, who wouldn't, however, Annette promised herself that's all she would allow herself to feel.

Her brother noticed her strange behavior and looked back at her in confusion, feeling completely lost.

Little does he know though Annette as she nodded to her brother, indicating he could open the door.

As the door creaked open, a few heads turned to the pair of siblings that were standing together at the door. Alexandre quickly walked towards where Courfeyrac and Marius were talking, quickly beginning a conversation with the two men.

Annette stood awkwardly at the door for a few moments, but she soon snapped out of her weird trance and walked towards the table she always sat at, where Grantaire and Joly were both sitting together.

Joly was reading something to himself, a book, however, Annette did not see the title, as for Grantaire, the black-haired man was holding a cup of wine in his hands and staring out into space, as Annette sat down beside him, she tapped his shoulder lightly, causing him to almost fall over as he was interrupted from his daydreams, which made both Annette and Joly look at each other before letting out loud laughs at Grantaire's facial expression.

"Annie!" exclaimed Grantaire "you almost gave me a heart attack"

"Oops" spoke Annette with a smile, happy to be back with the boys she had not seen in two over two weeks, the boys she had come to consider her close friends.