Part 6: December

Depuis le début

"Oh, sorry," Honey smiled weakly.

"Don't worry, we found it funny. Also, you look like a cute little child when you scrunch your brows like that," James said.

"Did you just call me a 'cute little child'?" Honey asked her eyes widening in fear.

"I'm sorry, does that offend you?" James asked.

"No, I'm just wondering why," Honey said, throwing her legs across James and her head onto Sirius's knees.

"Well, you look like a child when you're interested in something, and when you're happy" James shrugged, putting his arms on her legs.

"Oh, okay," Honey smiled.

"What are you guys doing?" Remus laughed, walking into the common room to see quite an odd sight.

Honey's head was in Sirius's lap and her legs were slung across James. Sirius was putting a small braid in her blonde hair right near her ear. James was tying her shoelaces and then untying them over and over. It was almost as if she were their sister, or something closer. Nobody was judging though, as she had only just started to trust them. Honey had her book open flat on her chest, and they were all talking quietly.

"Talking and reading," Honey said with a smile. "I hear you were helping out Kinna again. They thought she was your girlfriend, and they got jealous."

"Ooh, that's fun!" Remus joked, hearing the light and teasing tone in her voice. "No, chaps. I'm tutoring Kinna on charms, she can't seem to get the levitating charm."

"Right-o," Sirius said, a pink tinge creeping into his cheeks.

"Are you lot ready for Christmas?" Remus said, squeezing himself onto the couch.

"Yeah!" Sirius whooped, and James agreed with a laugh.

"I presume so," Honey sighed, shifting her feet so Remus could sit down. "And you, Rem?"

"Yes, I really am," Remus smiled happily. "Are we doing presents?"

"Yeah, only if you want to. It's not mandatory," James said, continuing to play with Honey's laces. "We all are though."

"Okay, because I already have something for each of you," Remus grinned widely.

The four sat laughing and talking until they were off to bed. Peter refused to come and talk to them since he was off doing his homework so he didn't have to during his precious time at home. Honey bid them goodnight and went up to her room where Marlene and Lily were waiting.

"So, did you have fun?" Marlene asked, laying on her stomach with her legs in the air behind her.

"What do you want to know about, Marlie. Me or Rem?" Honey laughed, putting her stuff away in her trunk.

"Okay, you got me there, Bear. I want to hear about both!" Marlene defended.

"Well, we decided to do presents for Christmas, and I just have to find their gifts in my trunk," Honey said, tearing her sweaters and long sleeve shirts out of her large trunk. "I got them each a sweater by mail order, and gave Peter his earlier because he's leaving tomorrow."

Honey found three brown paper packages tied with different coloured ribbons to signify what colour the sweater was. Remus's was a dark green, Sirius's was a sky blue, and James's was brown. Each was made of soft wool material and would expand to fit them properly.

"Did you get us anything?" Lily joked, putting her pyjamas on.

"Actually, yes I did," Honey said, pulling out two other packages. One had a black ribbon, and the other had a ginger ribbon. "Here, Lily the black one is for you, and Marlie, the black one is yours. I thought it would go nicely with your hair."