•part thirty-six•

••••••

••••••

Grosvenor Square, 1813.

The duke and duchess of Hastings set on a journey back to their new home, the Clyvedon castle. After such hardships like marriage and celebrations, I do hope the honeymoon bliss befalls on these two beautiful people soon.

And if not... Then I shall be cursed.

••••••

LEAVING home deemed to be harder than expected despite her hurtful conversation with Violet. If Clara was ready to leave it was because of her mother rather than her siblings, who all lined up at the end of the stairs as she descended down from her bedroom, dressed back into her usual clothing. Clara felt emotional when she saw even Daphne there, her face though still quite upset also calmer as she watched Clara go down and join them for one last time.

Hyacinth and Gregory were quick to take her hands, not allowing Clara to carry anything as she glanced at her brothers and sisters, all smiling at her differently, yet all loving in their own ways. Clara smiled at them sadly and eventually without another glance to her family home, the married woman walked outside as everyone followed.

Clara hadn't expected to be the first to marry, truthfully none of them had expected that so it was hard to leave her still single siblings, difficult to realize she wouldn't see their annoying faces every day anymore.

But when they walked out and Clara saw the carriages prepared for her and Simon to leave, the duke waiting patiently by the carriage door, Clara's pain disappeared and she knew it was her own start of something new. Even without her dream coming a reality in a way she was still leaving and if Simon had promised her her own will to do something she'd get that. "Perhaps I can come with you. I've always wanted to live in a castle," Gregory, who held Clara's hand firmly, exclaimed as they began to walk down the stairs with other siblings following shortly after.

Clara smiled slightly, staring at Simon, who was focusing on her, his face still slightly perplexed but happy to see her too. "If Clara is going to take anyone with her, Gregory, it will be me!" Hyacinth fought against her older brother so Clara chuckled and gave Hyacinth a short hug before her twin brother spoke from behind.

"The two of you are staying here until our dear sister allows us to visit," Colin told the children so Clara let go of their hands and turned to face Benedict and Colin, grinning at them sadly. Her heart continued to break with the goodbyes, but it wasn't like she was not going to see them again.

"You mean if she allows us a visit," Benedict joked so Clara grinned at them, as always quick to punch their arms with her fists as they groaned, stroking their sore spots. "I'm sure you'll enjoy the peace and quiet you had always wanted, sister."