•part thirty-three•

••••••

••••••

Madame Delacroix Modiste, 1813.

Preparations hasten as more and more days continue to waste away until Miss Bridgerton becomes tied with her ever so handsome the Duke of Hastings.

There is nothing but one day left, but I hear, there has been a malfunction placed upon our beautiful couple, a chance being that they will not marry tomorrow as it had been planned.

Now, I do not wish to call names, but it is no surprise Her Majesty would not find a need to marry her worst Incomparable to date so quickly. After all, revenge tastes the sweetest after years of planning.

I shall not worry you all, however, for I am sure there is no one stopping Miss Bridgerton from marrying the Duke of Hastings. After the love these two seemed to possess not even the ruler of this world or above could stop that ring from getting on the woman's finger.

And I do ever wonder what kind of ring is it going to be?

••••••

THE next day and after 8 hours of sleep, Clara felt slightly less tired, but terrified nonetheless. It was Friday and they had a day left until she would get married to Simon, the idea still out of this world and yet slightly finally settling within Clara.

Violet hadn't told her a word after their exchange in the previous morning, not that Clara waited for her mother's apology. However, she was helping the wedding preparations come along, saying nothing anymore, but Clara wondered whether she was doing it only out of guilt and not that she finally agreed to marry Clara off to Simon. In a way, as Clara stood at Genevieve Delacroix's shop, allowing the french woman to fit her wedding dress on her, Clara still felt as though Violet deep down disliked this whole ordeal.

Especially when Daphne was with them as well, for some reason tagging along even if everyone knew her feelings towards this surprising union. Clara decided not to care, on the other hand, not even sparing a glance at her mother, who continued to smile tightly as she watched Clara in a white dress, nobody having thought the day would come Clara was to marry.

Clara herself felt strange as she stood in front of the mirror, allowing Delacroix to fit the garment. Clara stared at the whiteness of the dress, feeling strange and yet the dress was the most beautiful thing Madam Delacroix could make at such a short time. "Your wedding gown is a long way from being finished, Miss Bridgerton," Genevieve mused so Clara sighed slightly, looking at herself. She felt Violet and Daphne's looks from behind her, even saw them through the mirror, but could only think about actually marrying the following day.

Everyone would be there, except maybe Francesca, who was still away with Aunt Winnie, and would not get back in time for her wedding, but everyone else would be there. Even Violet and Daphne, who Clara though would've preferred not to be present selfishly, would be there, because in the end they were a family. Daphne more so than Violet. "I promise you will not be disappointed," Genevieve then smiled so Clara nodded, not really happy for a bride.