•part three•

••••••

••••••

The Danbury Estate, 1813.

The season's opening ball at Danbury House is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent Street will be on display.

Titled, chaste, and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth.

Tonight, we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful, dismal condition known as "the spinster".

So to speak, Miss Bridgerton, and I am not talking about the newly debuted sister, has been noted to reach for such a title since she has yet to find a suitable husband.

However, chances are, as yours truly has heard from reliable sources, that Miss Bridgerton (to those still unaware, her name starts with a C) will secure a match soon, thanks to her ambitious Mama who has been seen following around her passionate not to wed daughter.

I cannot wait to see where this will take Miss Bridgerton or her yet to be future husband. Do not worry, all will be revealed in good time.

••••••

SIMON Basset did not think his return to London would start on such a note. Having traveled around Europe, he had met many interesting women, in some countries more open than in England, but nobody, not even women in Italy, Spain or France had knocked him out of his senses the way she had.

Simon chose Jim's pub on a purpose, thinking it would possess less of a crowd, and this was exactly what the freshly baked Duke of Hastings wanted. He did not wish to meet other lords or ladies so soon after his return, he wanted a moment of freedom until everyone would jump up on him, licking his boots for a good word from him. Simon thought he could have a drink without people greeting him every two seconds. He was already preparing for it, and in such disdain, Simon wanted to drink the entire pub as soon as he entered.

However, to see a woman, seemingly of a high rank too, in such an empty and unladylike pub erased everything Simon had wished to do. He stared at the blue eyed female, her face beautiful and innocent, however there was a glint of cunningness in her eyes which disheveled his thoughts even further.

Simon knew he was acting creepy by staring, but he could not fathom the fact to have met such a lady in a drunkard's place. Was she married and allowed to parade around in places like this, Simon thought to himself, his mind much clearer than what his words would be.