•part fifteen•

••••••

••••••

Grosvenor Square, 1813.

I think it's worth noting, dear reader, a very fun and yet a forgotten moment in the past, involving the beautiful Miss Clara Bridgerton and one simple Earl.

Lord Gibbins, now married to a rather pretty blonde and cute as a button girl, had tried out his luck with Miss Bridgerton two years ago, thinking he'd be the first to get the newly debuted girl.

Ambitious, needy, and most importantly quite stupid, the young Earl set out to get Miss Bridgerton's heart, who was not then known for being rather difficult and quite so say repulsed by any suitor or proposal, in a way nobody there present in the following ten years would forget.

It had been a marvelous sight to see to some (definitely not Lady Bridgerton) how Miss Clara managed to decline the Earl's proposal after one day of promenading. The Earl had set out flowers outside of the Bridgerton home, serenading to the Miss as if he was a Spanish suitor.

But the proposal had been diminished by Miss Clara never showing up, not even to apologize or decline the poor man's proposal. Lady Violet Bridgerton had to be the one to politely scrap the broken heart of Earl out of their street, and the man was quick to marry the next young lady of the society.

Perhaps, the young lady was not even home, you might ask? Funnily enough, Miss Clara was seen leaving her home fifteen minutes later, laughing loudly as she paraded around the street, free and unmarried.

Two years later, not much has changed. Miss Clara Bridgerton, though a bit lacking in her amusing ways of declining proposals as of lately, is still yet to be seen married or even proposed to.

Perhaps, she is better at getting rid of suitors than taking proposals from men? But, a question remains, will she be able to do it for much longer?

••••••

THE next day Clara could not find a place for herself. Nervous and to say the least irritated, the young miss could not stop thinking about her mother's meeting with the Queen. Clara wondered what they'd talk about, what would Violet tell her after coming back. But, the mother was not home yet and it was getting dark outside to a point Clara wondered whether her games had caused the Queen to put their mother in a prison cell below ground.

Clara, of course, shook these silly thoughts away as she continued to wait impatiently, not even hungry or thirsty as her breakfast, lunch and dinner still sat on her table without even being touched. Thankfully, Jennie forced Clara to at least drink some milk to relax, so Clara was still lucid even when she wanted to hit the bed and sleep.