•part twenty-eight•

••••••

••••••

Lady Throwbridge's residence, 1813.

And so Lady Throwbridge's scandalous soirée continues on through the night, bringing many young debutantes out of the darkest corners of  what seems to be study rooms.

••••••

SIMON Basset did not enter that study room to kiss Clara Bridgerton that evening. He entered to plead his case with her, to finally tell the girl how bad of a man he'd be to her, but when he stepped foot inside, uttering words Clara, we mustn't, what soon once forbidden truly became inevitable when her lips crashed against his into probably the most passionate of kisses Simon has ever had.

And as she poured out her passion for him, Simon remembered their first kiss and how much he had wanted it after, and finally, after many restraints and obstacles, returned her embrace almost immediately.

Simon finally kissed Clara back, and if there had been many doubts and fears before, that one fleeting moment as he kissed her so passionately she felt her legs buckle, sucking and biting, Simon knew how easy all of it was. How easy it was to kiss Clara. How easy it was to love her.

The duke wrapped his arms around her waist tightly, pushing her closer towards his chest almost possessively, Clara continuing to kiss him, his lips feeling amazing. Their last kiss was nothing compared to this short moment of pure lust, Simon's hands roaming her body until he touched her bottom, giving it a slight squeeze. Clara had laid with one man before and it had been the worst experience of her life, but with Simon, she forgot all about her previous unsuccessful attempt, wanting him, craving for him.

Simon closed the door with his foot, the sound loud but they both did not care, Simon wrapping his arms around her even tighter as he kissed her, poured out his passion for her, unable to think of anything at all that moment. He was unable to speak, unable to think or to feel anything negative when she was in his embrace, kissing him as if she had kissed him for years now. Simon felt a rush of adrenaline in him as he kissed a girl who he thought was innocent, her ability to kiss him stunning Simon, but yet again he did not care that moment as he held Clara closer to himself, her hands on his face melting Simon's skin.

Clara mused then, as if longing for air, and he was about to pull away, but she grumbled and did not allow him to do so, instead wrapping her arms around his neck and pushing his head to be lower in need to taste his lips better. Simon felt himself smirking as his hands continued to contain themselves from ripping her clothes in half.