•part thirty-four•

••••••

••••••

Queen's Palace, 1813.

Today is the day! Or so we hope as Miss Clara Bridgerton is yet to get a special license to marry the Duke of Hastings.

The whole ton is abuzz with the celebration, which may or may not take place, only because of what Her Majesty will tell these two young people.

However, despite her frozen heart, I do not doubt even the Queen herself will be able to see love between these two people, love we were all able to see when the news finally came out.

I believe and pray that everything comes along, because to keep these two apart would equal to a greatest tragedy.

Because in my view Miss Bridgerton and the Duke of Hastings are soulmates, and even if it is an underused term, a true soul connection is very rare, and in their case, very real.

••••••

CLARA and Simon both felt like they couldn't breathe. It was the most nerve wrenching moment in both of their lives, filled with many doubts and fears, many wishes to back away from this seemingly never ending tunnel. But after such a long way walked, with many people helping and preparing to make Clara's future brighter, with Simon's life saved Clara knew she couldn't just screw everything and run.

However, her mind continued to change every few seconds, the void she was to marry growing bigger one second, then shrinking the next when she remembered her friends' or family's words. How Simon loved her, how she deserved to be loved, how happy they could be even if they'd have no children.

Clara felt like to throw everything away now would be a fool's work only, so she, though terrified and on a verge to scream, entered the Palace with a brave look on her face, bracing for an upcoming impact on facing the Queen.

Simon felt similarly to Clara. Doubts continued to fill his brain like always, his lies and deceptions towards a woman he loved making his gut wrench. Guilt ate him alive, but he couldn't run away even if it would save Clara from the upcoming bleak future. He couldn't risk her family's name, he couldn't risk never seeing her again.

However, even if his mind continued to change the same way Clara's was, and even if Simon did not have a family to tell him otherwise, to convince him there was good in marriage, when he thought of Clara that doubt to run shrank. While Clara needed many support, Simon needed to only think about her or the memories they shared and his fears would vanish for at least a second. But when she was next to him, Simon felt braver almost instantly and also entered the Palace with a raised chin, aware his life was about to change, but if for worse or better was still a question.