•metanoia•

"I decided to be a rose with harshest thorns there was instead."

••••••

••••••

Clara Bridgerton does not wishes to marry. Simon Basset does not wishes to marry either.

Clara avoids suitors mama brings her the same way Simon avoids ambitious mamas. However, both cannot seem to get rid of them despite the efforts.

Two coins of the same maker continue to struggle and writhe their way through the new social season of 1813, both hopeful to pass right through it unnoticed and most importantly, unmarried.

On her 3rd season out, most of her suitors pushed away on a purpose, Clara still does not wishes to follow her mama's wishes for her to find a suitable husband, rather enjoying the freedom life can offer.

Clara, unable to share values her mama and sister have, continues to dream about a man's life, away from extravagant balls and the tight corsets, or obsessed men, who look for brides like for prizes.

Everything changes when the new Duke of Hastings comes back to London from his travels, becoming a real talk of the town. Moreover, when he begins to court Clara's younger sister Daphne, who's on her 1st season out.

However, what may be seen on the outside can differ on the inside, and Simon, so adamant to love, soon realizes that Daphne is not exactly what he wants from a woman.

That instead his heart desires freedom. The very same freedom Clara Bridgerton, the once called Incomparable by Queen Charlotte, dreams of.

Together, Clara and Simon face not only the societal rules, but their hearts deepest desires. Desires they do not wish to be seen by anyone - not Clara's family, not the rest of the ton, and definitely not Lady Whistledown.

CAST OF

METANOIA

••••••