Chapter 32: Farewell Tampa

Start from the beginning

"Oh.... Umm, yeah yeah It's cool." Mark awkwardly stood there as well, not sure what else to do. After a painfully long minute of silence he spoke up again "Is there anything else you wanna say or..." He trailed off. All he really wanted to do right now was to finish cutting up his shirts into crop tops and talk about how great being gay was on Twitter.

"Um..." There was more Heidi should say but it was hard to come up with something. She took a moment to think but it was best for her to just start speaking to avoid awkward silence, even if she had no idea where she was going with it. "No, it's not cool. I've done a lot of fucked up shit and that was definitely the worst. I swear to you I've never kidnapped anyone before, or shot anyone, or killed anyone... until yesterday." She did a 'stop' motion so he wouldn't respond yet. "I didn't kill anyone yesterday either! But, yeah, you know what I mean. This is no excuse, Mar, but being forced to be in a gang to make ends meet kinda changed me as a person until the point all of this happened. I know T-bag and the gang seemed nice and like they were friends of mine, but it was just an act dude. Like everything else. They did a lot of stuff to me that I eventually did to you guys to just let it out I guess? And also because I was so desperate to get out of there and prove my ma wrong. She was right about me anyway but whatever..." Heidi still had no idea where she was going with this. "I know you're rich so you don't get it, but being broke and how the real world functions when you have nothing is a whole other ball game that I was not prepared for. I don't know what else to say dude. I guess seeing all you guys happy and having what I wanted was an extra push that just sent me over because of how unstable I was, er, am. I'm not expecting you to forgive me. Or anyone to forgive me. But I really am sorry, Mar."

Mark stood there and processed everything Heidi said. "Okay, yeah what you did was pretty shitty but it's over with now. So we can just move on from it already, right? At this point, as long as you legit cancelled out our marriage, I don't see any more issues." He shrugged before changing the subject. "Yo, hey, before you leave," Mark pulled out his phone again "are you gay or whatever? It would boost my follower count if I have pictures of me with LGBT homies. Oh, bonus points if you have rainbow swag gear to help prove that you're gay or whatever. If you're not then ummmm... please leave. I can't be around any heteros for a solid month."

"Um..." That wasn't the response Heidi was expecting. She was too caught up in her apology to remember how fucking stupid Mark was so it surprised her much more than it should have. "That's a personal question. But, uh, yeah. I hope we can just move on because you guys are pretty cool." She still didn't like Mark, but yet again, who did? Other than Ellie. "Tell Ellie I'm sorry for shooting her and... whatever, yeah?"

Heidi didn't bother to hear a response and left to head back to her motel room until Gloria came over or until she worked up the guts to just ditch. Whichever came first.

Mark closed the door and went back to cutting his shirts. "That was Heidi at the door. She says sorry for like, everything she did. Also I guess she's straight so that's... something. God... straight people..."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Glomgsquad met up with Heidi at the First Watch breakfast restaurant that was close by. They all knew that their time there was going to be an awkward one, but they also knew that Heidi needed a chance to apologize to everyone for her actions. This was her chance to sit down with all of them and properly explain herself in a more calm environment. Glomgold wasn't there. He didn't want to go. And why would he? He had his one true love: Goldfish. There was no point in dragging him along to a restaurant when he was just going to complain about the lack of goldfish and bite another waitress.

Everyone was still getting themselves gathered; looking at the menu, Ellie fixing Boyd's hair, etc. But really, everyone was just trying to seem busy to avoid the conversation was soon to be unavoidable.