21

Talks about suicide. If you are feeling the thoughts of suicidal events, dial...

800-273-8255

For help, assistance, and prevention.

Love you guys!!

Damon King

Mia Amore.

I watch as she lays in my lap ever so lightly. She looked smaller as she curled up against me. Peace was expressed as she slept. If only she felt that way while awake. I could tell how much pain she was in even though she didn't say one word about her condition. She was wanted to be strong— for not only me but for herself.

The bruises became visible each time we passed a street light and my heart broke for her. I didn't realize how upset I would be if something as bad as this happened to her.

I am not one to bring my feelings into light, but deep down I knew I cared about her. I thought that her being forced to marry me was a reason as to me 'pretending' to care for her, however I was wrong.

I do care.

I cared for the bold girl who cracked jokes and made everyone smile. The girl who was deep down shy but covered it with a smile. I cared because she wasn't scared of me, she didn't use me just for her liking.

As much as she thought she was an outcast, she was a star. She lit up the world without knowing the power she holds. Everyone looked at her for help and comfort when all she had to do was smile.

Her live has not been the easiest, but it made her into the strong woman the empire so desperately needed. She may think less off herself but I think greatly of her. I know I started of rocky and I was not the best fiancé, but I thought that not letting her see the real me would shield her from disappointment.

Her light has guided me from the darkness.

Lei è La Mia Luce, La Mia Stella. Meaning— She is My Light, My Star.

Starr Marie

I awoke to the sound of people talking. My eyes were blinded by bright lights giving me a slight headache. My body felt like thousands of needles poking into my skin.

Initially, I thought death would've been the correct path to go in. I have no real family. Antonio wants to kill me, I have been raped, my adoptive parents hate me, my dad didn't care for me or my mother before kicking her out, and my mother died before she even had a chance to show me what real love looks like.

Not only that, my heart feels for Issac. He helped me and risked his life —for me. I don't even know if he's alive right now, I don't know anything.

I don't know who I am anymore. And the thought breaks my heart because my life is a big fucking lie. A lie that was molded into people I once called family and family I didn't know was possible.

My thoughts run by as I sit there feeling bad for myself. After I realize that I haven't seen or heard from anyone, I try to look for anyone that I know.

I make a sound of discomfort as I try to sit up in the bed.

"No. Starr you need to rest," a familiar voice says stopping me in my movement. I look up to see Leah standing on the left side of the bed.