15

Starr Marie

Soon training was over and we headed back to the house. Nothing really happened, Damon and O had work to do and I was extremely nervous for tomorrow's ball.

I hopped in the shower to wash off the excessive sweat I gained from training. I got out and dried my body off when I heard a beeping noise in my room. I realize that the noise was a message from a phone that was sitting on the corner of my bed.

It wasn't one I recalled having— definitely wasn't mine. Damon must have requested someone to buy me a phone. I picked the phone up to see why the phone made the noise when I seen it was a text message.

Text message from Daddy Damon:
Meet me downstairs in 10. I have to talk to you about something.

Ughh. Damon and his cocky ass.

Text message to Daddy Damon:
Sir yes sir! See you in 15. And why is your contact name 'Daddy Damon'?

Text message from Daddy Damon:
First of calling me sir gets you in trouble amore, second I said be here in 10, and third you should know I am daddy from past experiences.

Ughhh. He's so annoying. I read his text then plopped my phone on the bed after I changed his contact name to 'Wannabe Daddy.' I threw on some sweatpants and a tank top. Then I put on some slides and threw my hair in messy bun — and headed downstairs.

I walked down the stairs— well more like jogged. Damon could be very impatient. Especially because he's the 'greatest mafia leader,' so a lot is expected from me — on time.

I took the last step before touching the first floor. I headed to the living room to find any clue as to where Damon could be. After minutes of looking like a dumb ass, I walked up to a random guard who was near the kitchen.

I caught the attention of the guy — it was the guy I caught eye contact with the day me and his boss did the do's. I wonder if I should just turn around and act like I wasn't going to ask for any sort of assistance. I don't want to dive into an awkward situation even after he seen what happened on that day.

I try to shake the thought out my head when he opens his mouth to say something.

"Any thing I could help you with, Ms. Marie?" He says questionably.

To late to back down now.

"Ahh, yes. Do you have any idea where Damo— I mean Mr.King could be." I had to correct myself, I have no idea what they call him besides boss and I for one will not give him the satisfaction of calling him something so 'dominant.'

"Yes. He's in the conference room," He says reassuringly as I make a confused face. "Would you like me to show you the way," I watch as his hand begins gesturing me towards the direction of the living room. Shortly nodding afterwards, he begins the journeyed wherever Damon may be.

I for one, did not have many friends in Damon's home. So instead of making things awkward, as he led me, I decided to speak up and say something. Before I could even gain the carriage to speak up, my thoughts were hushed by the voice of the guard.

"Issac," He states as he turns a corner near the living room. I didn't realize how big Damon's home was until we started walking in a hallway I've never been on.

"What," I say confusingly.

"My name is Issac," He turns his head slightly to catch my gaze burning at the back of his neck. I finally had a chance to observe him.

He was wearing a fitted black suit. Do all mafia members wear suits daily?

He had black curly hair that sat perfectly with his tan skin tone. Some of his curls fell onto his face clouding his eyesight. He was tall and contained a toned body. However, that was not what caught my attention. He had a scar stretched across his cheek onto his lip. What happened to him?

I had to snap out of  it and continue the conversation like a normal fucking person. "Oh well nice to meet you." I search the long hallway for any clue as to where we could be going. "Where are we going again?"

He brushes his curls to the side to relieve the feeling of hair being in his face. "The conference room. Boss set up a meeting and you need to be there." He says in a hurried but nice manner.

"What? I've never been in one of his meetings let alone a meeting period. What the hell am I supposed to do. I'm not even dressed professionally for this." I know I'm rambling at this point but meetings and public speaking isn't my thing.

"Woah relax. It shouldn't be a bad one. If anything the boss would probably be introducing you to a few people and that's it," Catching a bit of reassurance in his voice I swallow more questions that I wanted to ask.

Taking a deep breath in then out, letting my nerves calm once I came to the realization that Issac was holding onto my hands. Issac soon realize the position of his hands and let's go stuffing his hands into his trousers.

"I'm sorry," His eyes gaze away trying not to make the situation more awkward. "I—I didn't mean to. I mean I tried to calm you down but y- you w—were freaking out and I didn't—."

"N—no. It's fine. I get it. You were trying to help. I'm not going to be a bitch about it," I cut him off so he doesn't embarrass himself more. Also leaving my comment with a small laugh as he chuckled under his breath ever so lightly, only one who focused hard enough could hear.

He looks up from the ground throwing a small smile. It was so small I thought I imagined it, but it was there. "Oh. Okay. Well this is the conference room." He gestured towards a double white door with two windows on each side. It was a reflective glass , I suppose it was made so no one could see any business-like things  being held in that room.

I hop out of my thoughts when I realize I have yet to thank him for help. "Thank you," I say as he returns a smile I sent to him.

"Your welc-," Issac tries to say before Damon swings the doors open cutting him off.

———————————————————————————

What do you think about Issac? Friend or enemy?

How is Damon going to handle the situation?

A/ Thank you for reading chapter 15. See you in the next chapter <3

Thoughts?

Vote!

<3 Nova