11

Starr Marie

On the drive back to the house I was extremely nervous. I took the guys card and spent it on an expensive dress.

I mean— I needed it and definitely deserved it but we're not even married yet and he just hands me his card.

Honestly I would've felt better if it was cash. Cash just circles through people all over the world. One day you'll get 'your' money back, but you'll just never know it. It's almost like the cycle of life.

While thinking Leah snaps me back letting me know we made it to Damons mansion. As I got out the car, I went to the trunk to get my bags. Turns out the guards here do literally everything for you.

I wanted to protest but the risk of getting caught with the dress is high, so I let them take it.

We started our way to the door when it suddenly opens. Please don't be Damon. Please don't be Damon. Please don't be Da-

My thoughts were cut off when it noticed it was just a guard. I instantly take the bag from the guard's hand as I became nervous at being confronted. I walked in the door hoping not to see Damon at any chance. Shit I was nervous.

"Hey wanna come in my room," I ask Leah trying to reduce the chances of me running into Damon.

Honestly I sounded like a middle schooler but there was this guilt in me that I tried so desperate to hide.

"Sure," She replies taking her bags from the guards hand. Then we jogged upstairs. Actually, she more like jogged and I literally ran.

Once I made it to the top I bumped into some guys chest. I rather not say 'wall'. That term is too played
out. I automatically knew who it was.

Damon!

"Hey Amore. I've missed you all day," Damon playfully teases grabbing my hand. Leah then walks pass and enters my room granting us privacy.

"Ohh yeah, me too," I say trying to not make eye contact. Childish. I know! But I didn't really miss him and he was being sarcastic. He knows the effect he has on me. "I mean— I missed you too."

"What did you get," He asks taking the bag from my hands. I was so fucking nervous as I let get him grab the bag.

"Oh umm, nothing expen- I mean- extra," I say stuttering on all my words. He then pulls it out and takes a look at the beautiful black dress.

A huge smile forms on his face and he looks at me then the dress again. I instantly blush at the gaze he held upon me as I stared at the floor.

I try to grab the dress before he sees the price tag. As I do that the price tag was ripped off the dress falling onto the ground.

"I got it," I say sprinting to the floor before he could even process what happened. He looks at me with an confused face and puts the dress back into the bag.

"Okay, well I'll see you later. I'm going to spend some time with Leah." This was the best excuse I could come up with.

"Yeah, okay. Have fun!" He says before planting a kiss on my forehead then jogging downstairs.

That was close.

•~^~•

Damon King

I don't know if I'm worrying to much but Starr was definitely hiding something. She wasn't herself.

She was not the girl who was trying to be confident. She was more like nervous or scared of me finding out something. It was fucking weird in my opinion.