23

Starr Marie

It's been a few days since the incident and I must say, recovery has been a bitch.

My bruises and scars have faded. They aren't as noticeable as before, however the story behind them are embedded into my brain. I see myself in that basement. I see Antonio — my step brother masked as my 'boyfriend.' I see Issac risking his life for me. I see the people I once called family. And I see a person who I called uncle rape me. All of these things have played a big part in my nightmares.

So yeah, life's been real shitty!

But, I've had a really good support system.

Damon has been more open and nicer than normal. He stays back at the house more often, mainly because he's afraid I would get kidnapped again. I now sleep in Damon's bed. Nightmares appear when I sleep alone — especially because when I'm alone my mind drifts to darker places. Damon's has helped me throughout this recovery, which I'm am truly thankful for. The faster I recover the faster I realize that I would have to tell everyone the truth.

Everyone has yet to ask questions though I know what their thinking.

They have been very patient with me and helpful. O and I's bond has grown tremendously. Since Damon isn't really much of an talker, I talk to him about things that weight heavy on my mind — I have yet to tell him about the kidnapping situation and most of my past, but I'm learning that talking helps release the pain and build up anger.

Chris, which is my nickname for Christopher,  started visiting, bringing me snacks. I always ask him who makes them but he always says, "Un secret est une faiblesse de la personne," meaning — a secret is a person's weakness. He is the type of person that could tell you everything with one sentence. And the sentence could mean anything or have numerous double meanings.

Our conversations always have a deeper meaning to all of them due to the many metaphors Chris states.

Sometimes I find them interesting.

Lastly, Leah has actually became one of my closest friends. I am truly thankful to have her.  Sometimes I think she is too good to be my friend. She has helped me when I was down and pushed me to want to better myself. I wouldn't know what I would do without her — just like at this moment.

"I'll kill you fucker," Leah yells while taping random buttons on the controller as we play Mortal Kombat.

"You said that the last game," O yells as his character Raiden zaps Leahs character knocking her down.

"You're cheating," Leah yells as she gets a sharp uppercut to the head.  Leah grunts at the amount of health she has lost.

"How? Because I'm winning," O teases. I chuckled at the fact that two siblings are arguing over a game.

"You know what I mean," Leah snaps at O.

Leahs character Mileena then stabs Raiden with a knife, causing O to take a deep breath of frustration.

The game goes on and on, becoming more and more competitive as I cheer both sides on once they get to the third round— meaning both Leah and O has won a round. Leah then use her special power move demolishing O character, but not enough for him to die. Before the game ends, I look at O and couldn't believe what I saw.

"You... fucking shitty ass cheater," I yell once I see the controller in Damon's hands. Both Damon and O laughs bringing each other into a quick firm hand shake.