97

Damon King

I'm not going to start this off saying some gassy sunshine ass shit. Simply because I'm not built like that. One word that could truly describe how I'm feeling is: Exhilaration.

Meaning— making one feel very happy, animated, or elated; thrilling.

Waking up next to the love of my life, who at once, I thought was unaroused in my end. Many particular people suggested that doing so... is substantially bad luck. But the heartfelt mode I was in, I couldn't care less.

And neither should you.

Starr had became my lucky charm. Even when everything was and is going to shit.

Like yesterday— Orlando oddly found out about the affair amongst Chris and Leah. The likelihood of him being content with it was solely rare. But as the word 'rare' becomes known, I suggested that live is not easily found in our environment.

Somehow his sister and best friend found it within each other, as weird as that sounds.

Even after all that, here, my love, lays on my chest, probably listening to my heart beat for her. I could imagine it speed up every time I thought of her.

It reminded me of a black rose; beautiful but dark. Because she was the beauty and I was the darkness.

I caress her soft skin, as the sun shines through the double door windows. She glowed, even when she was sleeping. Even when her mind was on a fantasy life called a dream.

Gently, I lift her head up placing it on a pillow on her side of the bed. A premature laugh leaves my lips, thinking about how much room she's taken on my side, leaving her side almost full.

I love how she liked to get close to me to feel safe. It made me feel as though she knew she had some form of security with me.

Coming to a stance, beside the bed, I pull the thick covers over her head which was full of beautiful curls. It brought joy to my heart as I place a small kiss on her forehead.

My eyes shift to her lips.

I bite my lip, halting myself before doing something that I would soon less than regret. Holding myself back to give her all of me on that alter.

Where she'll be— Mrs. King.

I quietly grab my suitcase beside the bed. Leaving her one last look, before I walk out of the room, shutting the door behind me.

Before I could even comprehend on what to do next... there stood Orlando on the outside of the door with a completely puzzled, guilty look on his face.

"I'm sorry," He apologizes. I look at him with no emotion as I wait for the rest of his apology to drop before me . "I didn't want to attend your wedding, avoiding my behavior from yesterday. I was just so mad at myself for being in denial that I took it out on you."

He pauses wiping his forehead in frustration. "Not to mention— Starr. I disrespected her and that was completely stupid of me. I should have thought of my actions before doing what I did. And I'm sorry. I really am," He stops looking at me.

I slowly nod my head in agreement to his apology. "I understand why you reacted and I forgive you. You are still my best man. But Starr..." I stop. "She will be my wife today. You need to tell that to her, by preferably an apology," I demand.

"Yes sir," He responds.

I halt him with my hand. "If you were anyone else... just the fact that you disrespected her— you'll be dead. This conversation would not even be a thing. But because you're my brother from another... I'll take your apology and I won't hold it against you."