69

Starr Marie

I quickly pick myself up off the bed. Not knowing what to do. Honestly, I couldn't put myself together to go acting like everything is okay. Not after all that's happened after I was kidnapped.

Damon slowly gets off the bed and walks towards me. Once he makes it in front of me, he pulls me into a deep hug. "You made the decision to go. Are you truly happy with that decision or is it overwhelming for you?" He asks me in a reassuring tone.

I glance at him as he stands before me, showing that he openly wanted to help me.

It only made me remember history.

I remember when I first met Damon, he would tell me what to do. Act like he's the boss. He was so angry and he had this attitude that made everyone feel as though they were below him.

Now it's different.

He's behind me 100% because he loves me.

And I can't help but feel

"What do you think I should do?" I ask for feedback.

He shrugs. "I think that you should do what you feel. I mean— this have affected you differently," I nod my head, laying my head on his chest.

"I don't know what to do. My mind is telling me no but it's also telling me that if I don't I'll regret it," I take a deep breath. "I don't even know why I'm worrying so much when I know that I'm on the verge of going anyways."

"That's because you care," He says before gently laying a kiss on my hairline. "You have a big heart. That's what I love about you," I lift my head up to look at him with a little smile on my face. "But I also know that you make good decisions and you should trust yourself on whatever decision you choose."

"How do you know I'll make the right decision?"

He tilts his head, displaying a knowing look. "I could only assume. But I'm sure you'll know because it's something that you want to do."

I sigh. "Okay," I turn around and head to the closet. Only because I know that I'll regret it. After he's saved me, I have to go. After watching him wave me off as I stood across the field... I have to go. After hearing that he's still alive... I have to go. "We'll get dressed," I call out to Damon as he stands next to the bed.

He frowns. "I think you misunderstood me when I said that you could go."

"Did you really think I would go somewhere at 4am alone and risk being kidnapped by some gang and end up a prostitute at the age 19?" I throw my hands up in the air. "I'd rather not."

"You know that'll never happen," He responds. "I'm going only because I care about you."

I nod my head. "Right. And not because you want to see where Antonio's being held?"

He rolls his eyes. "That too, but mostly for your benefit."

•~^~•

"Hey sweetheart," My dad says opening the door. He brings me into a big hug as soon at the door was opened at its maximum space.