101

Starr Marie

"Grayson?" I say his name in disbelief, watching the man who I once thought was selfless, become something totally different. "What's happening?"

He laughs, stopping his humming. "I'm keeping my promise."

"What promise?" I ask, pushing the guards before me to the side so I could clearly see him. And show him that I have no intention of harming him, whether if I have men surrounding me or not.

He kneels down, observing Antonio's still breathing body. "The promise of killing the devil's whom killed my wife. Who raped my wife. Who made her feel like nothing."

He snatches his knife out his back pocket. As if he was observing his meal, he bites down, gasping. "I imagined killing my wife's killer the first time she presumed to be dead. I imagined. Slowly letting him bleed out as I cut him open like an experiment."

Damon takes a step forward. His shoes slap the floor as the room remained silent. "I believe that what you're doing is right."

I glance over at Damon as honesty seeps through his words. But as honest as it was, it was not going to help him.

"Whether it's the wrong or right thing to do... you should not go any further," I suggest.

"Why?" Grayson jumps up into a stance, bucking at me. "If I kill him, we'd both be free from his curse of death."

I sigh. "And if you kill him, you'd do something to yourself that you won't be able to fix."

"Like what," He throws the hand up that held the knife. "What could possible happen to me?"

Glancing over at Damon, I drop my hand from his. He give me a knowing look, but soon drops it as he realizes that I would do whatever I had planned to do.

From my peripheral's, I could see Grayson take a seat. I turn my head, and see him sitting on the chest of Antonio.

I gasp, walking past Damon and our men who were there to protect me from a threat. I never seen Grayson as threat. He was too grounded to become a passenger in this situation.

But... it appears that's not as true as I would have thought.

He only had so many chances. And when they were gone, he couldn't handle it.

"You'd really loose."

Grayson grips the knife tightly. "Loose what?" He hits Antonio's body. "Antonio would be dead before then to even hurt me. Unless you do," He suggests. "Because maybe you still have feelings for him."

"Spreading lies or trying to manipulate me from not saving you would not help you," I suggest back. "You will loose something very valuable."

Grayson angrily wraps his arm around his back, yanking back in a hard snap.

BOOM!

The sound of a gun goes off, as I duck to the pound horrifying sound. Fear overcame me as my vision went completely black.

I open my eyes in fear, wanting nothing more but to get out of this situation.

"Grayson," I shutter in fear, as he throws the gun at the lockers to the right of him.

He takes the knife and stabs Antonio in the leg. Antonio screams in pain, not being able to move as Grayson pours all his weight on him. Blood plowing out his body in a fast pace.

"Fuck, Starr,"Grayson yells. "Loose what? Really. Tell me what the fück I'd loose for killing an incompetent orphan?"

The word orphan strikes my heart. Because in some way, I was one as well. Even if my father was still alive and my 'adoptive parents' was physically on this earth, they were my parents mentally.