48

This chapter is going to be in Damon's point of view. Lol. Sometimes I forget that Damon has a life too.

Don't hate me Miss Gurll.

Damon King

Shock.

The look that was definitely placed upon her smooth skin.

I could see that she was contemplating on what her next move would be. By the way her wide eyes glances at every area of the room, but my eyes. By the way her mouth stayed shut instead of replying back to me.

She was in complete shock that she shut down. I was convinced that she didn't realize her actions.

My hand trail down her back, loosing is grip as my mind started to doubt if telling her was a good idea.

"Wait what?" Starr finally speaks up after I tell her my truth—my feelings.

"I said that I love you," I repeat myself for a better reaction from her. Instead, she stands there, before me with an astonished expression. The seconds felt like hours.

Part of me wished she would say something, because I know if she doesn't agree, everything would be weird from this point on.

Not to be a bitch but... I've never been rejected before.

I didn't realize that the words came out of my mouth but when they did, I felt like it was meant to be said from that point on.. until now. I knew how much talking about feelings meant to Starr, especially when I talk about them. Yet, she didn't do what I expected.

At this moment, it almost felt like rejection. I received nothing from her. Nothing but a shocked expression.

Perhaps defeat ran through my blood.

I'm a King. I don't lose, nor do I take L's. But today... it felt as if I had.

I lost her personality. I lost her smart remarks. I lost the feeling of being on the same page with her.

We were on two different pages. I was in the 15th chapter and she's was at the end of the first chapter. Gaps apart, but still in the same book.

We ha sighs same idea, but different steps.

And it was obvious.

"Your lack of speech almost feels like an insul—," She cuts me off mid sentence. I was going to say that it feels like an insult because she silently rejected my feelings towards her.

"Damon." She looks at me as I await for her answer or response. "I- I— ummm.." Her voice trails off.

"Amore. I understand if you are in a different chapter, especially from your past. I won't force you to do or say anything," I explain as she looks at me slightly nervous. "I will admit that this last minute has been the first time I had a heartfelt, innocent insult bother me. Normally I don't care about that shit."

She nods her head. "I'm sorry. It's jus—," I cut her off before she tells me something to only make me feel better, after she rejected me.

"Starr," I call her name. "You don't need to apologize."

"No," She waves her hands at me. "It's just that... the last guy I liked, he turned out to be a shitty boyfriend who wants to kill me. Who also turns out to be my brother with the idea to—," I stop her from rambling by grabbing her hands, holding them inside mine.