74

Starr Marie

After our shower, Damon and I decided that we should get everyone here so we could announce our engagement.

Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better day to do it.

Everyone was here. It felt special. Especially because after this morning events, I felt completely better about my life.

Finding myself looking forward to the future.

"I'm here," Leah yells running through the front door. I laugh as she drops her bag on the floor taking me into a big hug. I use only my right arm to hug her back only so noone in the room would notice the big rock on my left hand.

She drops the hug and sits on the couch next to Chris.

I give her a wink because I still have yet to talk to her about Chris and how everything has been like since I've been on the mission. She smile then drops her smile when O looks over at her.

There Damon stood next to me as Chris, Orlando, Charlie, Leah, Dimmy, and surprisingly Ace(Damon's brother), sat.

All their eyes were on us as we stood in front of them.

"We thought it would be better to tell you guys this while we're all together, so it wouldn't be a surprise or ruined for anyone," I say coming to a pause. "So... we'll just say it now."

Leah blurts out. "Are you pregnant?"

I laugh thinking about earlier. "I'm not sure," I joke, even though I actually don't know since Damon decided to try no condom earlier. I give Damon a look as he smirks. "I'm kidding...but that's not why you're here."

Silence fills the room as I don't speak. They sat with their eyes glued on us. I could tell that the suspense bothered Leah more than anyone in the room.

"Please just say it. You're giving me anxiety," She suggests stressfully.

I glance at Damon as he stands there unfazed. He gives me a nod, as if he was giving me the honors to release to the world that we have a future together.

I tuck my hair behind my ear, grow a few seconds of confidence before I speak it into existence. Chris clear his throat in confusion.

I take one more breath before I say the two words I've been dreaming off as a kid, to tell those who are my family.

"Were engaged," I yell as I show the huge rock on my finger.

Leah instantly jumps up from the couch, running to see to my hand. "Girl that's real diamonds and it's huge," She says. "Congratulations. I'm so happy for you guys."

I smile. "Thank you." I leaned towards her ear to whisper something knowing that Chis stood behind her, "Now let's hope you catch the flower bouquet at the reception." Leah chuckles and I wink towards Chris.

His drops his head low turning his attention away from me.

I turn over my shoulder to see Damon laughing and talking to Orlando, Ace, and Charlie. Looking back in front of me, Dimmy stood with his hands in his jeans and a smile on his lips.

"Give me a second," I tell Leah, while looking at Dimmy.

"Sure," She replies, giving me one more hug. "But seriously. Congratulations! I'm seriously happy for you."

"Thank you," I reply with a smile.

She gives me a swift nod, before walking away to stand by Chris.

My eyes catch Dimmy's once again. I decided to walk to him and stand before waiting for the response that sat on his brain. "I'm happy that you finally found your happiness," He says bringing me into a hug.