16

Starr Marie

"Issac," Damon demands as Issac gaze goes from happy to afraid within seconds. "I suppose you don't want a job nor a life." Issac locks his eyes onto the floor as Damon's threat circulates through the room.

Damon taking a step forward caused Issac to immediately turn his sight to Damon clarifying his actions. "No boss— I mean sir. I was escorting Ms. Marie to the conference room since she didn't know where it was." I seen the fear rise in Issacs body language and his tone of voice. His body was slouched as if he was scared — like a bug on the verge of being stumped on and his voice, which was naturally deep, rose into a higher pitch.

I seen fear from Issac.

And what I seen from Damon was anger.

Though, it gave me acts of jealousy.

"Hey. Damon. Nothing happened. He just helped me to the room that you didn't bother showing me. No big deal Daddy Damon," I say trying to create a lighter mood. Damon lips soon tug into a smile as he turn his gaze upon me. He instantly dropped his smile realizing Issac was still by my side.

"Do your job before I find someone else to do it," Damon says to Issac making him leave the hall. I knew what that meant. Death. You can't leave the mafia unless you die— meaning you get killed.

I didn't want to be the reason for that.

"Calm down Damon. It's not that serious for you to kill him," I meant what I said. He just helped me and he doesn't deserve to die because of it. I was also still trying to lighten the mood.

"I asked you to be here in 10 minutes, it's been 30," He says frustratedly.

"Well I had to get ready and if you wanted me to look my best then that'll take some more time," I say playfully rolling my eyes.

"I gave you 20 extra minutes and you gave me this," He says pointing at my sweatpants, finishing off with a laugh.

"Hey! If you wanted me to look like Kylie Jenner you could have just said that," I yell pointing at him jokingly.

"No I rather you be yourself," He uses his hand to tilt up my head, gripping my chin.

He then turns around grabbing my hand, strolling towards the mysterious double doors. I'm too nervous to find out who's behind the doors, what goes on in there, and why they are in there.

I was just fucking nervous.

I guess Damon notice the change in my body language that he squeezes my hand for reassurance, releasing the tense tendencies flooding through my body. He then nods his head in the direction of the door as the two guards from the outside opens the door.

I match Damon's pace taking my first step into the room.

The room was huge with many chairs that men sat in while others stand in the depths of the darkened corners. I instantly notice Ace, Damon's brother; as he sends me a quick smile.

Damon leads me to the front to the table where all men and women sat and stood with their attention completely on Damon— their boss. Their eyes and ears were open to hear what Damon had yet to say. Their eyes were all on Damon as if he was the most important person in the room.

I walked to the chair on the right, next to Damon as he stood in the front of the group analyzing each of their faces. They all had on professional-like clothes. It made them look like a team, or something that is big— had meaning.

Whereas I had on comfortable clothes being the only one with unprofessional attire on. Feeling like an outcast, I internally palm myself.

"You may be seated," Damon says as everyone in the room began to sit as others with no seats stood and watched. I followed so I wouldn't look like an outcast —once again—amongst others.