27

Starr Marie

It's the next day after Damon's and I competition, and here I am watching a football game. I have no idea which team is what but all I know is one team is wearing the American flag colors and the other is wearing white. Since Damon has a huge tv, literally all of the members are here watching with us.

I sat next to Damon on one couch as the everyone else sits and stands freely throughout the living room.

I felt embarrassed because even the women understood what was happening during the game. Whereas I was still trying to figure out the difference between a pick and an interception.

"Your team sucks fucking äss," Damon yells at O as he roots for the white team.

O makes an annoyed expression, "Fuck no. Your team had an interception in the first 5 minutes." There goes that word. What does it even mean?

"That's a lie. Your quarterback is a bitch," Damon let's out a small laugh, giving Chris a fist bump. "He acts like he's afraid to carry out running plays as a leader."

Damon receives an eye roll from O but Chris on the other hand not so much. The expression O gave Chris made him immediately comment back. And I mean, if looks could kill — that was definitely fucking manslaughter.

Knowing Chris, he said a sentence that could mean thousands of other things in one. "Un leader qui peut porter ainsi que le plomb, a droit au plus grand titre qu'il ya." Meaning— A leader who can carry as well as lead, is entitled to the biggest title there is.

I let out a laugh as the other people in the room yell at the tv.

Damon rest his hand on my leg turning his attention from the tv to me. "Glad you could make it today!" A smile tugs at the corner of his lips.

I turn my body plopping my legs over his lap. "I really didn't have a choice, did I Mr.King."

He laughs at my response. As he opens his mouth to respond, a guard calls out our attention.

"There's a box here for Mrs. Marie." The guard says holding a white box with an envelope sitting on top.

Damon looks at me with a confused face. "I don't know what that is?" I say confusingly as everyone in the room slowly draws their attention to me.

"Maybe it's a birthday present," O suggest.

Damon puts his hand up in a yield position, "Her birthday is next week, why would someone send it so early?" I smile at Damon because he remembered something so small as the day I was born. It's the little things that counts.

I shortly follow by shrugging my shoulders and taking the letter out the envelope to read it.

It indeed was a birthday card but the person it was from was not who I expected.

"What does it say?" O says reaching for the card. I hand it to him as he began to read it aloud.

"Dear Starr,

I wanted to wish you a happy birthday by none other than sending you the best birthday gift. This thing has personally touched your heart— I don't know if it was that deep but yes it has touched your heart. It turned you into the woman you are today, physically and mentally.