Kirishima x FTM reader🏳️‍🌈💛

You stared at your ceiling, silent tears falling down your face. It had been several months since you had started here at U.A and you still had not been able to tell anyone your secret no matter how much it ate you up inside.

You were trans.

The weight of it was starting to hold you down. Hearing your deadname, the wrong pronouns, being forced to sit in the girls row- everything. It was like a knife in your chest. It made you feel like you were going to explode. And right now it was worse than ever. This is home by cavetown lulled in your headphones as you tried to calm yourself down. Right now you wanted to shout to the world who you were- who you really were. You knew that was a bad idea, but maybe you should tell someone. Baby steps though. That is what you told yourself.

Baby steps.

First, one person.

Then the whole world.

You sat up and wiped your tears with the heel of your palm. You tugged out your headphones and left them on your bed with your phone as you stood up. Who would you even tell?

Of course, Kirishima.

He was the nicest and most supportive friend you could ask for. There is no way he would react badly. Right..? No. It was no time for that thought. You shook those thoughts out of your head and slid on your slippers. You then made your way out of your dorm and made the trek over to the boys dorms. Where you belonged.

You took a deep breath and looked at Kirishima's door. It is now or never. You knocked lightly on the door, trying not to panic. You could hear shuffling from inside the dorm then after a couple of minutes, a sleepy kirishima finally opened the door. The reality of your situation finally set it. "I-I know it is late but i really need to talk to you. Like right now or i might never actually tell you." You said quickly, voice low as to not disturb the other students. Kirishima wordlessly moved out of the way to let you in, concern was written all over his face but he was far too exhausted to try to formulate words right this second. He figured he should just let you speak.

He sat back down on his bed and watched you as you paced his room. You finally stopped in front of him, visibly shaking and stared at the floor. You could not look him in the eye when you said this. "Kirishima... I-I am transgender. Please call me Y/n." You said quietly. The cat was out of the bag. You carefully looked up at Kirishima to see his reaction. He had a small smile on his face.

"I am proud of you Y/n. That had to be scary to tell someone and it is so manly that you did it anyways." Kirishima smiled. You choked out a sob as you heard him call you by your chosen name. You collapsed onto the floor crying, unable to hold in all of the pain you had been feeling the past months. "I-I am sorry! I-I just thought you would like me calling you that." Kirishima said as he squatted down next to you. "Is it okay if I touch you? Do you need a hug?" He asked carefully. You nodded and looked up at him. "Y-You do not need to be sorry Kirishima. You did not do anything wrong. I-I just have never had anyone call me that and it really meant a lot to hear you say it and accept me." You croaked out. Kirishima frowned a little before pulling you into a hug.

"You are my friend Y/n. I am always gonna accept you." Kirishima said genuinely. You choked back a sob and looked up Kirishima.

"You have no fucking idea how much it means to hear you say that."