Todoroki x male reader🏳️‍🌈

Today was different,  Y/n needed- no – wanted to give a good impression today despite him simply giving up.

Shoto was bringing him for a hospital visit.

A visit and first meeting with his mother, Rei Todoroki.

It worried Y/n that this wracked his nerves more than it normally would as the list of reasons runs through his mind. First being, he would be meeting his boyfriend's mother and her being a Todoroki made him more nervous. Second, he was nervous about her finding out Shoto is dating a boy. Third, he knew how her role is particularly sensitive and private, his mother being one of the things that can both warm his heart and bite coldly into memories and feelings he stored away. The final thing that wracked his nerves was the fact that Shoto trusted her enough to introduce his boyfriend to his mother. In all their time together, he always made sure Shoto was comfortable and that he felt safe with him, so he never brought it up.

"Y/n! Todoroki-kun is at the door!"

 Y/n snaps back from his ruminations at the call of his mother. He glances at his wristwatch: 11:00 AM on the dot and he sighs with a small smile. His (e/c) eyes glances at his reflection once more, pleased with his appearance before his jitters increases. He gulps then turns around, calling out a "Coming!"

He felt his palms were clammy as his bare feet padded down the stairs. He attempted to calm the beating of his heart as it keeps up with the fluttering in his stomach and rushed to the stairs. He reaches the main hallway leading towards the door where his bi-colored haired boyfriend stood with his mother.

After he finished tying the laces of his white sneakers, he stood up smiling at his boyfriend. Though he seemed expressionless, if one were to look closely, they'd see his flat expression falter into something more alive as he looked at Y/n. Y/n's throat runs dry as he observed Shoto in his casual outfit with a white cap on his head. Whatever his boyfriend wore, his U.A uniform or casual outfit, he always managed to look stunning without an effort.

"Thanks for entertaining him for me, Mom." Y/n says appreciatively while taking his fingers around the bouquet of flowers he bought.

"It's no problem, dear! You know how Todoroki-kun is always welcome to our home." Y/n's mother smiles, (e/c) eyes glinting in happiness and pride as she looks at the pair in front of her.

"Thank you, (L/n)-san. I'll be sure to bring him home on time."

The woman waves her hand dismissively, "No, don't worry. You kids enjoy your weekend just make sure my precious Y/n is back by curfew!"

Y/n sighs in relief then nudging Shoto's shoulder, "I swear my mom would one day replace her precious Y/n with you."

He slightly smirks, as they continue to walk down the stairs, leading towards the main entrance of the house. Shoto casts a glance over the bundle of flowers hanging over his boyfriend's elbow. Y/n picks up on this and shoots Shoto an excited smile, shifting his elbow towards him so he'd appreciate them better.

"Got them for your mom! Aren't they pretty?"

Shoto pauses in his tracks before they got to the glass doors, sunlight filtering through the gleam in Y/n's (e/c) hues. His thoughtfulness and childlike smile warms his heart as he gazed at Y/n. Shouto looks into his (e/c) eyes with his grey-blue ones before responding,

"Yeah."

Smells of the nearby sea and the neighboring bakery wafted through the couple's senses and Y/n breathes it in.

"I was thinking," Shoto began, his deep and cool voice reaching  Y/n's ears, "Since the weather's pleasant today and if it's not too hot for you, we could walk our way to take out lunch then bring them to the hospital."