Argument (Hawks)[🌫]

You were only worried, and Keigo knew that, but he was just so mad at himself for letting you find out what he was doing with the League of Villains. He was mad at himself for having lied to you about it, he was terrified at the fact that you're involved now because you knew , he was dreading your begging for him to stop when he couldn't, and all of these emotions created a storm in his mind and the next thing he knew he was snapping at you.

"Keigo, you could be killed!" You pleaded, the thought alone making you feel sick. Hawks ran his hand through his windswept hair and clenched his jaw tightly. Like he needed you to remind him of that. His fingers drummed restlessly against his thigh and while he did everything he could not to look at you. "Please talk to your superiors. There must be some other way-."

" There isn't, okay?! So just drop it! " Keigo roared back at you, finally making eye contact and you froze at what you saw in them. His usually warm, sweet, honey-colored eyes were now darkened, sharp, and burning with anger. The aggression in his voice and face was all too familiar to you and you found your muscles seizing up with terror and your voice caught in your throat. Keigo initially didn't notice your reaction while he continued, voice raising, "You just don't get it. It's so damn complicated and I'm the only one who can fucking-!"

Keigo stopped yelling immediately as soon as he saw it. He had taken a step toward you while he was trying to explain himself, his wings ruffling out in frustration, and you flinched hard, your arms flying up in between you and him and eyes squeezing shut. He felt his chest tighten and his throat dry up; he didn't know how to react or what to say. Instantly his wings folded back in, further than normal as if to hide their very existence and make himself seem as small as possible.

"(Name)...?" He called your name quietly, concern bleeding into his expression. You didn't notice. You could only focus on how you couldn't slow down your breathing or put down your arms from shielding yourself. You tried to tell yourself you're okay- that Keigo hadn't even touched you-but you couldn't seem to think straight.

"(Name)." Keigo said your name again, more urgently this time but trying desperately to remain calm. He was panicking at how scared you looked. His stomach twisted with dread when he realized you thought he was going to hit you.

"I-I'm sorry." You said quickly, forcing your arms down though you're unable to bring them further than your chest or straighten them out. Hawks flinched when you apologized. He wished he didn't say anything. He didn't know if you were apologizing for your reaction or if it was a reflex statement to try and blunt his anger. But he wasn't angry- not at you. And he didn't want you to apologize for being scared. He scared you. He's the one who should be...

"Don't." He whispered, shaking his head, "Don't apologize. Don't ever apologize. I'm sorry, this is my fault. I promise I'm not mad, I would never hurt you I swear. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm so sorry." Keigo began to ramble, feeling nothing short of horrible for causing this reaction in you.

Inside your frightened haze, you heard the comforting tone in his voice, the soft croon of guilt and regret and sweetness. You're reminded that this is your Hawks- your Keigo. He wasn't gaslighting you, wasn't drunk, wasn't violent... He's just as scared as you right now and he's sorry.

Tears welled up in your eyes and you stepped forward, shoving yourself into Keigo's body and weeping freely. Immediately his arms wrapped around you, holding you securely but not too tightly. Hands stroked your hair softly and rubbed your back, and you cried even more at the gentle touches.

"It's alright, I promise I never meant to scare you like that. I let my emotions get the better of me, but I promise I'm not angry at you. I know you were just scared... I'm scared too..." Keigo said softly, voice shaking slightly while he held you closer and wrapped his wings around the two of you.

"I trust you..." He heard you say meekly, clutching his shirt tighter and nuzzling against him slightly. Keigo pressed his lips together and buried his head in the crook of your neck, squeezing his eyes shut and choking back a whimper.

"Thank you, baby...I won't let you down again."