Hawks x FTM reader🏳️‍🌈

You walked into your apartment that you shared with your boyfriend, Keigo aka Hawks. Your manager had sent you home early because of an incident with a customer. You were working your job at a local coffee shop when some karen came in and started misgendering you and calling you slurs all because you had your pronouns on your apron. Which was especially stupid considering every one else did to, but you were likely just the easiest target as you were serving her.

You pulled off your work uniform and made your way into the bathroom. Angry tears poured down your face as you stared at yourself in the mirror. You tugged off your binder and chucked it into the hamper in the corner of the bathroom. Angry thoughts swirled in your head as you stared at the mirror. You were never going to be a real man. At least that is what you told yourself. You wiped the angry tears away before moving your attention to the bruises that spread across your ribs. Keigo was gonna be upset when saw that. You sighed a little and made your way out of the bedroom where you found Keigo already back from his shift.

You clamped your hands over your chest and moved behind the door. He was not supposed to be back for another couple hours. "Keigo! W-Why are you home already?" You asked, voice cracking from crying. "There was not shit happening so my manager sent me home- what happened?" He asked sitting up. "I-I...I do not want to talk about it." You said quietly. "Kid, we need to ice those bruises- you don't have to tell me what happened but you gotta take care of those." He said getting out of bed. He walked to your shared closet and grabbed you one of his hoodies. He then made his way over to you and helped you into it before carrying you to the kitchen.

Keigo set you on the counter and grabbed a bag of frozen peas and handed them to you. You winced as you pressed the peas to your aching sides. Keigo grabbed your free hand, concern written all over his face. You sighed as you realized that you couldn't hide this forever. "I was at work... and this stupid bitch came in and when she saw the pronouns on my apron she started telling me that i was not a boy and that I will never be one and how i needed god because god does not let people like me into heaven." You said quietly, tears forming once again in your eyes.

Keigo was furious. He couldn't believe people like that still existed. How was it any of their business? Plans started forming on how he was going to get revenge on the karen who hurt his song bird. The thoughts dissipated from his mind as you looked up at him, more broken than he had ever seen you. Revenge could wait. His baby bird needed him. You opened your arms weakly for a hug and he quickly obliged. You buried your face in his neck as he held you. His arms were always where you had felt safest. He felt like home to you and right now he held you like he was the only thing in the world that could keep you safe, like he was the only thing holding you together.

You balled up his tshirt in your hands before choking out a sob. "Why me Kei? Why did she go after me? Is it that fucking obvious? Why do I have to be like this? Why can't i be enough!?!" You cried into his shoulder. His heart broke a little hearing your words. He gently pulled your head out of his shoulder and cupped your face in his hands. "Listen to me songbird. You are enough. You always have been enough and fuck anyone who can't see that. I don't care what anyone else has to say, you have and always will be a boy. My boy." Keigo said sincerely. You pulled him into another tight hug and mumbled a thank you into his shoulder.

- - -

It had been a week or two since the incident at the coffee shop and you were feeling better. The cops were called and the woman got a lifetime ban from every location of the coffee shop you worked at. You and Keigo were not doing so good though. After the day of the incident, he started acting all weird and secretive. It made you feel like he was lying that day and that only made you feel worse. You had finally had enough and you were gonna confront him tonight about his behavior.

You took a deep breath before walking into your shared apartment. "Keigo? we need to-" You said as you walked in but quickly cut yourself off seeing your living room. He had managed to turn the living room into a makeshift theater all while you were at work. There was a pallet on the floor made out of every comfy pillow and blanket in your apartment expertly stacked on top of an air mattress. He had a sheet hung up over the TV for the projector behind the couch to project on. He also got all of your favorite movie snacks and what looked like matching pajamas. Keigo popped out of the kitchen with two bowls of popcorn after hearing you come in. "Birdy! Perfect timing!" He smiled, setting the bowls of popcorn on the side table before making his way over to you. "W-Whats all this?" You asked, still thoroughly surprised by the situation. "Well I knew that the whole thing with that bitch from the coffee shop really got to you so I thought that I would do something special for you." Keigo smiled.
"Is this why you have been weird all the past week?"

"Yeah...I am sorry by the way. I just wanted it to be a surprise and stuff so i had to be secretive." Keigo said, scratching the back of his neck. "It is fine Kei, I am just glad it is this and not something bad. And you did not need to do all this." You said, wrapping your arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around you before speaking. "I did though. You are my boy and you deserve to feel special especially after that bullshit." Keigo said genuinely. You smiled a little and laid your head on his shoulders, just enjoying his presence. After a moment or two he started humming a little while swaying before singing out loud. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...beautiful boy." He sang softly with a smile on his face. "Hmm?" you hummed looking up at him. He smiled and sang the words again, smiling even wider. Your cheeks went red as you hit his shoulder lightly.

"You are such a dork." You said smiling. "I try songbird. Now that we are done being cheesy, It is time for a movie night! Free of charge from yours truly, on the condition that you wear the matching pajamas." Keigo said, pulling you towards the bed. "I guess I can do that." You teased, picking up the pajamas. You did not understand how you got lucky enough to have Keigo in your life but you were so fucking glad you did. You went and changed into the pajamas before coming back to the living room. You laid down in Keigo's arms where you spent the rest of the night eating snacks, watching movies, and enjoying the presence of the love of your life.