Hawks x Reader x Dabi💞

(College au, they/them pronouns)

Dabi was sat on a bench across from you smoking a cigarette. He was trying to catch a little shut eye before your next class as he worked nights and still hadn't slept. He passed his smoke off to you before closing his eyes. He pulled his hood over his head and relaxed on the bench, stretching out.

You puffed on the cigarette as a calico cat walked out of the woods. You watched as it walked over to Dabi and hopped on his chest and curled up on his chest. You stifled your laughter as he grumbled and set the cat on the ground. The cat, unphased, immediately jumped back up onto his chest and curled up there. He sighed and let it go, It was just one cat and he was mostly covered so its claws wouldn't get caught in his piercings or staples. Soon more cats came out of the woods and started surrounding Dabi. He opened his eyes a little and looked at the 15 or so cats sitting on or around him and growled.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!?!" He said sitting up. The cats simply shifted in response and went back to napping. He groaned and tried to go back to sleep. Just as he passed out, Keigo walked up and sat next to you. He stifled his laughter at Dabi's situation knowing Dabi would kick his ass if he woke up. You turned to Keigo in confusion. "This has been happening since we were little. Cats have always loved him and it drives him nuts. They like him cuz he's warm. He hates them because they have a tendency to pull at his stitches. I keep telling him to hiss at them and he never listens." Keigo explained, putting an arm over your shoulder.

With that Dabi's alarm went off, which was followed by a loud groan from Dabi. He tried to shoo the cats away, unsuccessfully as Keigo laughed at him. You got up to follow Dabi to your next class. You see how stressed he is and offer him a smoke. He gratefully accepts and starts to walk away with you only to realize the cats were following him. "This is fucking ridiculous!" Dabi snaps before taking a long drag off his cigarette. "I'm telling you Dabi, you have to hiss at them to assert dominance." Keigo suggested.

"Keigo, that is the dumbest fucking idea you have ever had and that is coming from you." Dabi bit back.

"I mean- it's an idea Dabi..what's the worst that can happen?" You suggested.

"Y/n, I cannot believe you are agreeing with him. The worst that can happen is me losing all dignity and make myself look stupid when it does not work." Dabi responded. You shook his shoulder a little and gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Please? There is no one around and it can't hurt." You begged.

"They are not wrong Dabi-" Keigo chimed in.

"Fine! But if you-" Dabi started pointing to Keigo. "Bring this up ever again, I will gut you like a fish." Keigo laughed in response as Dabi turned to face the cats. He flicked out his cigarette before baring his teeth and hissing aggressively at the cats. They all quickly dispersed except for the calico one. He shrugged figuring it would leave eventually and they finally headed into their class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been about a month since the cat incident and you were arriving back to your dorm. You walked in to see Keigo in your bed as per usual. He hated his roommate toga so stayed in their dorm most of the time. You didn't understand why he didn't just move in. You looked over to see Dabi passed out with the calico cat, who y'all have lovingly named potsticker- on his chest.

You sat down next to Keigo and smiled at Dabi. "What happened to 'I hate cats'?" You asked, mocking Dabi. Potsticker had been hidden in your dorm for well over two weeks but you'd never seen them curled up together.

"I dunno but i'm not letting him live this down." Keigo said showing you the pictures he took of Dabi and potsticker together. You giggled a little before noticing Dabi stir. You quickly hushed Keigo so you could both watch Dabi.

"Hiya sticky." Dabi said softly giving her ear scratches. She happily accepted them and purred loudly. She started licking his hand then sprawled out on his chest. "You still sleepy bub?" Dabi asked softly giving her more pets. You'd never seen Dabi so soft. It made you fall a little more for him.

"How was your nap sleeping beauty?" Keigo asked ruining the peaceful moment. Dabi nearly jumped out of his skin hearing him- clearly not realizing they were there. Potsticker jumped off Dabi's chest and curled up next to him. "How fucking long were sitting there?" Dabi questioned still trying to catch his breath.

"Y/n has been home for about ten minutes and i've been here since the end of my last class at 2." Keigo smiled. "You speak of this to no one." Dabi said seriously. "I won't speak of it. But I may show it to a couple people." Keigo said holding up his phone, a shit eating grin spread across his face. They both stared at each other for a minute before Keigo bolted out of the room laughing, with Dabi hot on his tail. You didn't understand why you liked these idiots so much, but you couldn't be more thankful to have them in your life.