Character x reader🌫

You sat at the table while waiting for him to come back home. He called earlier and said that he had to help the others for another rescue/infiltration mission.

"I understand. Just come home safe, alright? I'll be waiting" was what you said. And that was a couple of hours ago, when the sun was still up. The sun was currently setting giving it the sky a wonderful combination of colors.

"He would've called already by now..." you worriedly glanced at the clock on the wall and bit your lip. You decided to wait a bit more, stars started to appear one by one but his car was nowhere to be seen in the driveway.

You decided to call your mutual female friends to ask where he is.

"I'm sorry (Y/n)-chan, I haven't seen him around during my patrols."

'Why? Is something wrong?' was what you thought. Your fingers tapped anxiously on your table.

Suddenly the phone rang, making you scramble to the hallway and let out a few deep breaths before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Ms. (L/n)?" the voice on the other line asked

"It is. Why?"

"This is the hospital, something happened to your fiancé. We need you to come over as soon as possible." Something got stuck in your throat but you swallowed it and asked for the address to the hospital.

After hanging up, you immediately got into your own car and drove as fast as you can possibly go to the hospital without breaking any laws or running over someone.

While you stopped at a red light, your mind went back to December. When he asked you a certain question.

"(Y/n)." You stopped blowing on your cup of hot chocolate to look at the male who was kneeling down in front of you.

Tears gathered in your eyes as you placed the cup down your table and listened to what your lover had to say.

"I... Want to be with you forever. Forever and always. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Whether rich, poor or better.We'll have kids, a house of our own, some pets if you want to... We will grow old together. Be my forever and always?" He asked, he was trying his best to calm his nerves as he held the box which contained a ring inside.

"You're so cheesy!" You wiped the tears off your face and tackled the male to the floor.

"You have to be clear with me if that's a yes" he muttered. But he still wrapped his arms around your waist as you kept muttering yes against his skin.

"I get it!" He unwrapped his arms around your waist and pinched your cheeks

"I love you" With a small smile, he pressed his lips against yours.

You pulled up to the entrance of the hospital, parking your car properly before rushing to the front desk.

"I need to see him!"

"Please follow Dr. Kleine, he'll lead you to his room." The nurse sadly smiled at you.
The doctor named Kleine then led you through what it seemed like a million hallways.

Dr. Kleine was explaining what had happened to him... Your fiancé.

But you couldn't hear a single word they said. You tried maintaining your straight and calm face once Kleine stopped at a certain door.

"Are you alright Ms. (L/n)?" the black haired doctor asked

"I'm alright... I want to see him." The doctor opened the door and led you inside. He looked bad. There were machines everywhere but only one was working.

You immediately sat by his bedside and held his hand.

"You idiot. I told you to stay safe." Your lips curled to a sad smile. He let out a small smirk of his own. He proceeded to talk to you about the kids you'll have, the pets, your dream house where you'd both stay.

As you finished talking about the color of your dream house, an idea struck you.

"Can we call in a couple of nurses in who aren't busy?" You asked Kleine who raised a brow to your request.

"Sure." As he was about to leave the room, you addes one other thing which made the doctor sadly smile.

"And a chaplain." Then he went out. Your lover let out a grunt at your weird request

"What are you planning?" He asks.

"Stay here for a moment" You told him

"It's not like I can go anywhere (Y/n)." You chuckled at his reply before you went to the room next door. They were a married couple and the wife had just given birth.

"Excuse me, may I borrow your rings for a while? Just until... Just until we finish exchanhing our vows..." you wiped the tears that made its way down your face.

"Shuu, be a dear and let her borrow our rings." The obsidian haired female smiled at you

"You're troublesome" with a sigh, the orange-blond haired male removed his ring, walking over to his wife who also placed her own ring on his palm.

"Thank you so much" you thanked them both and ran back to your fiancé.

Once you returned, your plan started. The chaplain says a couple of verses and everybody started laughing while tears ran down their faces.

You looked into his eyes and said
"I want to be with you forever. Forever and always. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Whether rich, poor or better.We'll grow old together. Whether happy, or sad...or whatever" Everyone chuckled at your whatever part.

"We'll still love each other. Forever and always." You finished the vows but the beeps from the only machine working we're starting to get too slow. Your fiancé's voice was almost too low as he said his vows

"I'll... Love you forever... Forever and always... Please just remember... Even if I'm not... There... I'll always... Love you... Forever and... Always..."