034

This one's a long one!
I've missed your comments & you all <3 Hope you're doing well!!

December 5, 2015

Harry

I was on a mission to prove to Norah that she was more than enough.

I could tell she was embarrassed after she'd cried on my shoulder in her apartment, but she had no reason to be. I was honored that she trusted me with her emotions.

Very rarely did I get an inside scoop into the mind of Leonora Gates. Most of our conversations stayed light and humorous. She was so unbelievably easy to be around. But when she let me into the precious gates of her emotions, I knew it was a gift. The more she spoke of her affection-less relationship with her mother (and lack of one with her father), it made some of her...quirks make more sense.

Like how her body reacted in surprise any time I reached over to take her hand in mine. How she was never the one to curl up to my side on the couch—she always needed some sort of sign from me that it was alright. The way she instantly became uncertain when I brought up feelings of any kind.

After she cried in my arms, I tried to convince her to just take the day off of work so we could lie around her apartment and do nothing, but she objected, saying she needed the overtime hours.

Knowing she was so tight with money while I was practically rolling in it agitated me to no ends. It was taking an incredible amount of self control not to just buy her a car so she didn't have to rely on friends, Uber, or walking, for fuck's sake. I wanted to pay off her rent--hell, I wanted to get her a new place. One protected by gates and security instead of a phony "Resident's Only" sign stuck in the grass of the management's office.

The past two days, I only had brief moments with her—when I dropped off coffee or a light breakfast in the mornings and after she was finished with work and I with meetings and interviews. Typically, I would go to her apartment as I never was followed or spotted by any cameras or fans in the part of Studio City she resided in.

"What would you like for dinner?"

Norah's contagious laughter rang in my ear through the phone. "Hello to you, too, babe."

"Hello, my love." I smiled. "Dinner?"

"I just saw you this morning."

"So? I always see you every morning and night."

"Um..." She hesitated.

"What? You're sick of me already?" I teased her. I knew she wasn't actually sick of me, but I enjoyed pulling her leg.

"No!" She exclaimed, then followed with a sigh. "Winter has very graciously pulled me back from what she calls 'la la land', and said I haven't been hanging out with the gang nearly enough. So, we're having dinner at her place tonight. I would ask them if you can come, but--"

"No need to explain, love. It would surely defeat the purpose of friends night if a boyfriend came."

"Well, technically Winter's cheating 'cause she has Jared," she mumbled.

I chuckled, a warm feeling filling my chest at her disappointment in not being able to see me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the dinner sooner. Win told me right before work and I just got home and it slipped my mind."

"Don't apologize, love. I can pick you up after?" I offered.

"That would actually be great. Winter did mention she and Jared were picking up wine tonight, so I apologize in advance if I turn into a whore."