bonus content (2)

bonus chapter - arlo, frances, and nix
(sometime in 2028)

Norah

It was our six year wedding anniversary.

Harry and I had been together for twelve years and married for six.

This was our first anniversary as parents of two.

Arlo, at just over a year old, was our first joy—the first gift that came from our love. And, at only a few months old, Frances was the the second and the sweetest baby anyone could ask for. Not a day went by where Harry and I took them for granted.

Harry was the most amazing life partner, and somehow managed to be an even greater father. The way he looked at Arlo, Frances, and I was enough to bring me to tears. And I was brought to tears so very often.

Especially now because I had just told him I was pregnant again.

We were stood on the beach - our beach at our private beach house while Harry's mom watched Arlo and Frances back at our family home an hour away.

Harry brought himself down to sit on the sand, then laid himself all the way down. I knew he wasn't surprised I was pregnant being that we were always planning on having our three kids back to back so long as I was healthy enough physically and mentally to do so. And because I knew Harry as well as I did, I knew this moment of pause was because he was so overcome with love. For me and our family.

I got down on my knees beside him, holding onto his hand and running my fingertips over his forearm. His eyes were bright with unshed tears as he looked up at me. The hand not in mine reached up and palmed my cheek.

"How is it possible to love someone this much?"

"I wonder the same," I replied easily.

Nix was due in seven months, and when they came into this world, we'd have everything we could have ever asked for in life. The plans we'd made a decade ago would be fulfilled.

People warned us when we were first pregnant with Arlo that our relationship would never be the same after kids, and they were right.

In our twenties, we took extravagant trips all across the world, just the two of us soaking in our time together alone. Harry would go on tour and I would follow him. I would go work on tour with another artist and he would follow me. Our lifestyle was a crazy one certainly not stable enough to bring children into. It was why we waited so long to have kids. We wanted time to be us. To be Norah and Harry.

So, after Arlo was born, our relationship did change. Our time together alone was infrequent, but our love never faded. Our love evolved. Arlo became the light of our lives—the bright and shining northern star in the night, but we always remained each other's suns. It didn't mean we loved each other more or less than our child, but we loved each other in an insurmountable, immeasurable way.

This continued when we had Frances and would continue to reign true with Nix.

We respected each other as people, as artists in our craft, as friends, as lovers, and as parents.

"Now, get up, silly," I patted him on the chest. "I'm not into beach sex anymore."

The unshed tears finally streamed down his cheeks as he laughed uncontrollably. "What? Since when?"

"Since I got a yeast infection the last time."

I stood up and waited for him to follow suit so we could go inside and ravish each other like no tomorrow.

"Come on, slow poke."

"God, I'm getting old," he muttered, pushing himself up and off the sandy floor.

"Thirty-four is not old."

He wiped off his board shorts. "I feel old."

"Aww, too old to keep it up, buddy?"

He stopped fussing with the sand on his shorts, his eyes snapping up to mine. They narrowed at my use of the old nickname that bothered him so damn much early on in our relationship. Then, they darkened with lust. "I keep it up just fine if you being pregnant with my child says anything."

I turned my back with a smirk and started back towards the house, but not before Harry gently grabbed hold of my waist and pulled me back into him. His lips sealed over mine, warm and soft at first, then turned hot and wet. A wave rolling up the shore, wetting our feet brought us back to reality.

"Leonora Styles, I love you more and more every day, and I find it not at all surprising that our love has created now three miraculous, perfect gifts."

I went up on my tip-toes to kiss his forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, and then lips. "I can't wait to meet our grandkids."

...

They got Arlo, Frances, & Nix 🥰
Maybe more to come in the future, but for now, I hope you've enjoyed!
(: