epilogue

I don't know where the emotions in this chapter came from because I've never been in love, but somehow this epilogue has come to be <3

I hope you all have enjoyed Norah & Harry (:

note: the flashbacks are in italics & in 3rd person (aka no POV)!!

4 years later
March 10, 2023

Norah

"Mrs. Styles?"

I swiveled my head around to give my attention to the woman who had said my name.

"Mr. Styles is backstage and has requested your presence. If you'd like, I can show you back?"

"What about me?" Jeff complained beside me.

Even though he was clearly teasing, the woman seemed flustered, her mouth falling open and eyes darting between the two of us.

I patted Jeff's arm. "See ya, Jeffrey."

I made sure my dress was situated on my frame correctly before standing and following the woman through the array of tables. I paused along the way as I'd come across Niall at one table and Kacey at another. We couldn't chat for very long at all, but I gave them hugs and promised to catch up later.

There were a few other artists I recognized, having met them before—not simply because I was aware of who they were. I was proud to say I didn't get nearly as starstruck as I used to.

I spotted my husband deep within the chaos backstage. He was talking to Lewis Capaldi, who had just announced the category Harry had won in. There were half a dozen photographers and double the amount of crew. Some of the camera flashes were honed in on Harry and Lewis as they spoke.

Despite it all, it didn't take Harry very long to notice I was approaching.

He held a hand out to Lewis, and I very faintly heard their exchange.

"Hey, it was great seeing you. Thanks for the award."

"Yeah, sure thing," Lewis replied. "I've got good awarding skills."

Harry's gaze immediately locked on mine as soon as he started walking towards me. He'd made it very clear to me before the show that I looked beautiful, and right now, he was looking at me as if I had a spotlight shining directly on me from above. He couldn't look anywhere else.

I hugged him tight, careful not to get any makeup on his clothes. When I pulled away, his arm wound around my waist, keeping me close, and my palms came to rest against his chest. My smile was one full of pride and excitement.

"Three!" I exclaimed.

He smiled softly, and it seemed like he was more thrilled about seeing my reaction than actually receiving the award. "I know."