029

I'm starting work & summer school this week, so there might not be multiple updates in a week anymore, but I'll try my best to keep them coming every week <3

on that essential worker grind 🤢

Norah

Of course he was early.

In fact, I was pissed at myself for not assuming he would be. Only, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be 30 minutes early. I'd barely just rolled out of bed. At least I'd brushed my teeth and finished my skin care routine.

Approaching my front door, I leaned my forehead against it as I peered out of the peephole.

There he was. In a pastel yellow button-up only halfway buttoned, ripped denim jeans, and his hands clasped behind his back, he looked like a dream.

With sweats, an old t-shirt, and no bra to be found, I looked like a mess.

I leaned away from the door and silently cursed this beautiful man.

"You're early," I told him through the door.

"Eager."

I rolled my eyes. 30 minutes early and laying on the charm. I see you, Harry.

"This isn't fair. Now you're going to see me two days in a row looking like a mess."

"A mess?"

I unlocked the deadbolts and swung open the door. I wasn't just going to let the poor man stand outside in the cold for 10 minutes while I got myself together.

It was eerie seeing him again when we'd literally left one another in the Yogurt Island parking lot less than 6 hours ago.

Without the warped fishbowl effect of the peephole, I could truly see how mouth-watering Harry looked. He wore brown boots and several rings adorned his fingers. His hair was in a bun again, and I wondered if the length bothered him and that's why he wore it up so often.

I ended my perusal the same time Harry did, our eyes flickering back up to each other. His lips curled into a smile and he revealed from behind his back a small pink colored succulent.

My jaw dropped, and I went to speak, but Harry beat me to it.

"Before you say anything, I was going to get you flowers, but I figured with your busy schedule, it would just be cruel to give you plants that would die so quickly, so I brought you an anacampseros telephiastrum succulent."

I looked from the succulent in his hands back up to him. "An anacamp-what?"

"A sunrise succulent."

I stepped forward and took the small clay pot from him, our hands enveloping each other's during the transfer. The instant zap of electricity that coursed through my veins was more of a wake up call than any cup of coffee I could have.

"Harry, you did not have to bring me anything," I gushed. "It's so beautiful. This is so sweet of you." I lightly touched the purpley-pink petals of the succulent.

"There was no way I was showing up to our first date empty-handed," he charmed.

All the breath left my body at his declaration of this being our first date. Yet again, the question of whether I was truly ready for this crossed my mind.

His hand came up to rest on the side of my face and his thumb lightly pulled my lower lip from between my teeth. I gazed up at him and I couldn't tell you whether or not a dreamy sigh had escaped my mouth.