044

Welcome to the time jump (:

June 5, 2018(2 years and 138 days later)

June 5, 2018
(2 years and 138 days later)

Norah

"Fuck you."

"I'm right though. Aren't I?"

"I know all your worst angles."

"It's so amazing being right."

"Your photos are gonna come out looking like ass tonight."

"That's impossible. I look too good."

"What if I just walked out? Who's gonna shoot your set then?"

"I could easily replace you."

I threw my head back and cackled. "Liar." I knew my worth. I was a phenomenal photographer and knew her and her set better than anybody else.

"You'd really walk out instead of just facing the truth?"

"I am facing the truth. The truth is I don't feel like going."

"You, one of the kindest and friendliest people I know, don't want to go to a party? Bullshit. You're coming."

There wasn't a chance in hell I was going, but I still told her, "I'll think about it."

She saw right through me, but didn't say anymore. "Am I good to go?"

"Yeah, I'll send these to Gia."

"Cool. Catch ya later!"

Kacey walked out of her dressing room, her pin-straight hair ever so slightly swinging back and forth against her back. The door closed behind her and I was left alone.

I took my laptop out of my over-the-shoulder bag and sat down at her dressing table. I plugged in my camera to begin downloading the pre-show shots of Kacey to send to her assistant so she could post them on Instagram. It would only take about ten minutes, but this was where I would stay for the next hour until soundcheck began. I was safe in here.

I took a half-eaten coffee cake muffin from my bag and silently picked off pieces as I waited for the upload to finish.

A rhythmic knock sounded on the door. This wasn't abnormal seeing as Kacey had a tendency to wander around backstage. More than likely, a stage manager thought she was in her dressing room.