022

VIEWS & LEMONADE & ANTI OHMYYY 🔥

// Here's a short recap because it's been a month 😋

Recap

Sam and I did ultimately end up doing our jobs. We avoided the topic of England and our friends, leaving us with our nuisance of a coworker to complain about.

Rocko sits on his ass basically his entire shift yet never gets fired. There's a 99.9% chance it has to do with him being our boss' brother, but it still annoys the hell out of everyone.

At eleven o'clock, Sam and I are finally free to leave.

I felt dead on my feet. I could've fallen asleep on the dirty LA concrete right then if I wasn't so afraid of being kidnapped.

"Hey, have you been on Twitter since you got back?" Sam asked, looking down at his phone with a taut expression.

I stopped at my car, looking over the hood at him with a confused look. "Not a lot, why?"

Whatever was on his phone was snapping him back into cold shoulder Sam.

"Some girl I follow retweeted an article about 'Harry Styles' new love interest'. Figured you'd be interested in reading it." He shrugged and climbed into his car without giving me another look.
__

Norah

I got home that night at around midnight. My mind was racing with subjects to keep me from thinking about this article Sam was talking about, but I ultimately thought about it the entire time.

I wasn't sure who I thought it was about.

Most likely, it was me.

Then I'd forever be known as "the girl Harry Styles slept with" or "Harry's Styles' new girl" or some other dumbass label.

I was more than a label. I worked two jobs and was getting my fucking bachelor's degree in English and Communication Studies with a minor in Photography and Social Change.

Man, I needed to talk to Winter right now.

"Going out tonight, cha -"

I slam my palm against the volume button, turning the radio off.

I pulled into my parking space and took my keys out of the ignition, the car's hum going quiet. I grabbed my purse from the passenger's seat and got out of the car.

I walked up to my apartment door and yawned as I stepped over my doorstep. I slipped off my shoes, leaving them by the door, and walked straight into my bedroom. I didn't bother changing clothes, taking off my makeup, or taking a shower.

As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out.

•••

Fuck the marimba tone alarm clock.

Fuck the seven o'clock hour.

I checked my phone screen through squinted eyes. I had a couple Twitter notifications and one text from my mom. I checked my notifications before seeing what my mom wanted.