041

this one's a looooong one (: thanks for waiting & I hope you enjoy! It's a crazy one

Norah
January 10, 2016

The days following the paparazzi ordeal were a contained chaos to describe it most accurately.

The haunting Kendall Jenner comment made by one of the paps that night had drifted into my head a couple of times, but I trusted Harry. If there was any substance to that question, he would have brought it up. It was high time I didn't question everything the media brought up.

Hell, they'd done just as Harry predicted with the footage of the pap grinding up against me outside Winter's car—clipped the video so it only showed me yelling at the guy. Even better, they'd censored what I said so it was impossible to tell I'd shouted at him to never touch me again. Instead, it looked like I went on an explicit tangent.

Harry's team was quick to release a comment on what actually occurred to which some fans offered their support on social media, outright surprising me after days of nasty comments galore. Then, of course, others took the opportunity of seeing a video of me for the first time and just berated me further.

Regardless, I didn't question Harry's loyalty because I knew all too well how words—and, evidently, videos—could be misconstrued and I wasn't going to join the masses and do the same.

With Harry having a management team of his own now that he was pursuing solo projects,—ahh!—his days were filled with meetings, while I spent mine either working or convincing my boss at my internship, Kyren Jeffries, to take me on as an assistant after his went on maternity leave for a few months. The job would pay well and would essentially merge my tasks as an intern with a few other responsibilities.

Then, with one phone call, Kyren acknowledged my fervor and relented.

"Babe!"

"Did you get it?" Harry set down the dish he was washing and wiped his hands on a towel hanging from the stove. He turned and the bright, hopeful look on his face made the news all the more sweet to tell—having someone who cared so much.

"Yes!"

I ran into his open arms at the end of the island. His hand rested against the back of my head while his arm banded around my waist. His lips brushed against my hair. "I knew you would. I'm so proud of you."

"It's not like I gave Kyren much of a choice," I laughed.

"You knew what you wanted and didn't take no for an answer. All the more I love about you."

I pulled enough away to see his face, but relaxed against his chest. "What else do you love about me?"

He kissed my cheek. "You don't mind that I only know how to cook one proper meal for dinner, and you enjoy it every time like you've never had it before."