005

EARLY UPDATE 🌞 Comment & vote your beautiful hearts out bc I'll also be updating tomorrow ⚡️

// hbd to my girl halsey 😈

Norah

"Some light reading?" He asks, his eyes shifting from me to the Shakespeare textbook I had in my hands. My eyes, however, were glued to his lips.

"Oh! Um, yeah, I have my English class in a couple of hours," I reply, flustered.

The corner of his soft, pink lips curved upwards, revealing a dimple. God, I could scream right now...but I'm not. I'm fine. He's normal. I'm normal.

I take a seat and for some reason I can't make eye contact with him. I fidget in my seat a little and reposition my textbook. I pick up the menu that had the words "Soho House" typed up on the front.

I almost wanted to laugh. Who knew I'd ever touch a Soho House menu?

I kept conscious that the man in front of me hadn't moved in his seat. The highest up my eyes got away from my menu, was to his hands that wrapped around a iced coffee cup. The cross tattoo on the web of his thumb and pointer finger made my heart speed up just a bit.

I diverted my gaze back to the menu.

Why doesn't this place just have chicken strips?

No, Norah, you don't want to eat chicken strips in front of Harry Styles.

A house salad? Yes, that sounds really good right now.

"Norah?"

Shit.

Fuck.

"Yeah?" I look up and for the first time since I'd gotten here, I look him in the eye.

They were so insanely green. No HQ picture from any concert can do the real thing any justice. The way they just fixated on you makes you feel like the most important person in the world. Which is crazy because I'm just a fan. But it was just...cool how that's how Harry was; how he looked at someone.

"Hi." He grinned and I swear the world grew a little bit brighter.

"Hi, how are you?" I set down the menu. I needed to stop being so uptight.

"I'm good. Are you alright?" He asks politely.

"Yeah, I'm good, thanks...um, so how exactly does this place work?"

"The restaurant?"

I nod. He's emailed me, telling me that this was one specific place we had to go if we were to meet up. Being a fan, I was familiar with the Soho House, obviously, but I wanted to know the celebrity's perspective.

"It's a private member kind of place. Mostly for like A-Listers or those with connections. I call it a sort of safe haven for myself," he gives a breathy chuckle, showing off his white teeth.

"Got it. And...you gave my name -"

"To the manager, yes," he finishes.

"Okay, well this place is pretty cool, then."

He nods. "It is. So, do you carry that everywhere or are you going to study, or..."

What is he talking ab...oh, the textbook.

"I actually walked here. I spent the night at my friend's last night and she doesn't live too far from here. My class isn't that far either, so I'll probably walk there, too. Which explains the textbook."